Saturday, February 13, 2021

Going going gone ...

 ...to the nuthouse I go.

I made this sign and placed it in the mailbox so the mail person cannot put a 'no one was home' notice inside it without pulling this dayglow sign off. I signed and dated it once more. I am expecting a package I have to sign for and if he/she refuse as usual to deliver it... I will have to wait until Tuesday to get said package. Post Office is closed on Monday.

We will see the results. I'm betting that he/she will leave a note and not come to the house. 

Anyone want to bet???

So....

I thought I'd amuse myself by trying some old editing exercises. Like turning a photo into a drawing.

Original:

Topaz Impressions:

Adobe CS2: Photo to Draw method.


I sort of like them all for different reasons. Great exercise for my brain.

Original. Tea Time:

Edited for High Key Look with a texture:


I like this version. 
I moved around the tea towel that is hanging from the clothes rack...and moved in a bit. I settled on a subtle film color adjustment after trying several. Yep, I cut the poor rabbit's ear off too. 
Well this was for experimenting and brain work.


And then since nothing I was doing excited me very much. I did this.


It sums up exactly how I felt about trying my 'still life' experiments on Saturday.



5 comments:

  1. You are having fun! I like the tea party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have fun. I tried some other things today but didn't want to go digging around in the cold rooms upstairs for other interesting things.
      My Thrift store pals haven't had a cuppa tea for a while.

      Delete
  2. I would take a phone pic of your sign, just incase your package doesn't get delivered...I am a glass half full kinda gal, SO my bet is wishful thinking and it will get delivered. If not, it is "game on" grrrr!!! and please report the carrier. I totally value what they do, but not even trying is complete BS. p.. love the facial tree and with this damn cold weather I feel just like your last teddy photo. Smiley face, smiley face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He could not leave a note without removing the sign. AND my neighbor had plowed again up to the house -- in this bitter cold [which I thought was insane as it was only an inch or so].
      Imagine my surprise when the young fella and his Big Arse Jeep tooled on down and delivered my mail!
      Last week he did not make any attempt at a certified letter...twice. I signed up for USPS Daily Digest which tells me what is coming and tracks it each day. So I knew I had him THIS time.
      Delivered!
      That tree is a fav of mine too. And the bear? Yep feel that way. :)

      Delete
    2. Glad you finally got your mail! It is likely to continue arriving, now that he knows...

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.