Monday, February 01, 2021

It's February!


January 31st

We had The Big Snow that wasn't.

However, Charlie had a very hard time getting through it. It was wet and very heavy. 


I ended up just breaking trail with my skis in the big field and carrying my poles and Charlie at the same time.


That was actually pretty hard but a great workout. I finally found a deer trail and let Charlie down into it. 
I must admit, he is a trooper. He did his 'snow swimming' thing and bounded ahead looking for deer pellets...er smart pellets.

I made it all the way across the ridge.


And then I headed back after watching some snowmobiles scream through the fields. I'm not sure why they need to be so loud. 

Myself? I'm happier doing the silent sports like snowshoeing and skiing. 

January 31st was a pretty good day. On the way back home I got to converse with my neighbor for a bit while her husband plowed the hill. Later on I called my friend in Alabama to see how things were in her part of the world. She is in her 80's and sharp and funny. 

My weekly call from my son was really nice too. His town got his with about 14" of snow. He had gone cross country skiing, or as he said, more like breaking trail...with a friend and had taken advantage of the snow day.
Rich even got out in his skid steer and cleared out the turn around and the lower driveway.

And The Big Little Dog said...
Nap Time!



327 days we have been practicing Social Distancing and masking.
Onward.


2 comments:

  1. Yes almost a year of isolation...seems like longer than that! You had a good snow day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have noticed when I carry Leo our not so little cat on the trail, there is something about not being able to move ones arms freely that adds a different level of intensity. Glad you had a good snow day!

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.