Thursday, December 30, 2021

Life ~ By Charlie

Charlie! Do you want to go for a Walk???

Hmmm. Hmmm. I'm currently holding down the couch and thinking about my camouflaged look. Don't bother me.


Aww come on, it is your Birthday!

As if I would recall that! Still, not impressed lady human. Go away.


I have cookies AND it is SNOWING!

Cookies? Snowing? COOOKIES??? Hmmmm. Hmmmm. Cookies. Yes! Let's go you fool!


It is simply amazing the amount of stuff that a people has to put on for a simple walk in the woods. It would be so much easier if humans just had fur like me and could go right out. 

However I imagine her feet would get cold while crossing the creek and walking in snow and ice.


She is always stopping to look at things. Always. I sniff around to find what is so interesting and she will tell me things like: Look at that ice forming!


And I am like. Hmmmm, no mice and no vole in the ice. I don't care. Let's keep moving!


Can we GO now???


Can we keep moving please?


There are deer carcasses to be sniffed and mice to be found. Let's go!


OH Wait. Um. Hmmm. Well, Okay, NOW I will be carried. I smell a kitty that is bigger than I am. 
Nope. Not afraid. Um, well. I think my feet are getting cold.



Perhaps if I shiver and look pitiful, she will pick me up and carry me through all this dangerous stuff. I smell cat. So I shiver and shake and look up at her ...I put my paws on her snowpants and implore with big Googly Eyes.


Oh goody. Coyote ~ Big Wild Dog too!




Sweet! I got a mini cookie and a lift! Phew, sometimes she can be awesome for a human person.

In fact she gave me a lift out of the scary place where the coyote and kitty have trails. Finally when we reached a 'good' place, she set me back down and off I ran. I can pounce and it makes her laugh. When she is so good to me, I like to make her laugh.


If I get too far ahead, she beeps me and I return. 

I don't know, but I kinda like these birthday walks, maybe I can have a lot more. 

Best part of these walks? SHE takes me home and I can resume my duties as a lap/couch/supervisor dog with the Him Human.


Life is good when you rule the house. Even better if you have Big Googly Eyes!




7 comments:

  1. It's good to be a Charlie :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Charlie you are simply the best little dog!!! Hope you got lots of cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some BIG paw prints!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow....those were some big tracks you came across. Do you ever see the big cats out there or just their tracks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tracks were made in wet snow so they may appear a bit larger than they really are. However paws of the bobcat do look quite large. I have this bobcat on trail cam and it appears to have big feet.
      I have come fairly close to coyotes more than once but they dart away as soon as I am spotted or scented.

      Delete
  5. Charlie you are the best. It does help to get a boost once in a while and then just take off after you have been let down. Beware of the wild animals though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shots & captions of the birthday boy!! Those are some clear imprints. Glad Charlie is wise & knows when to head for safety in your arms. You are a good mom!!

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.