Wednesday, December 08, 2021

More fun indoors


Maybe this is why I enjoy this time of the year. It isn't so much the big holiday or the Christmas Spirit, but more or less the fact that I can drag things around the house and do Still Life photos without having to explain the why of it.

I really like the lights and would love to keep those happy white lights glowing throughout the winter this year. I wonder. Can I make the Christmas Chair into a ... just lighted chair for comfort and warmth on cold winter nights?

Why not? A bit of cheery light to stare at while the cold winds whistle outside?


The unicorns like it. The Teddy Bear's are waiting their turn to play on it.

Meanwhile, while waiting for the other half to wake up, I imagined some 'scenes' just for fun and brain work. Experimenting with all white was really quite fun.





I do love the Enesco ornaments. Here are two of my favorite ones.


The unicorn is this year's addition. They are almost too beautiful to be left on the Christmas chair/tree. They get lost. I'm like a kid. I like to handle them and set them down so I can admire them on their own.
Strange right?
Heavy edit and shot
for High Key.




And of course. Something fun and odd.
These figures don't generally mix ...
but imagine my surprise when they all seemed as if they were getting along....


...
and then I finally got outside for a hike...

but that is for another time....








8 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear what led to the elf on a rock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Everyone's reaction was awesome! So I had to to toss a follow up together!
      Enjoy.

      Delete
  2. Looks like the elf is stuck! Or hiding from the bear. Heyhey! No snow yet! ( IS that a good thing? You DO have a Subaru... after all.) Cheryl is hoping for a mild winter this winter. Snow is tough to run/bike in. And we don't have skies or snowshoes. We still have to get outside at least once a day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehehe...

      I get it for being outside. Have you both considered hiking in the snow? You stay warm and fit!

      Delete
  3. Anonymous7:24 PM

    Oh oh , elf got stuck, maybe bear will help free him. :) Fun still lifes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As always, the Elf is up to no good!

      Delete
  4. Well done! I really like the striking simplicity of high/low light photos.

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.