Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Is it review time?

Seems everyone does a 'year in review' during the last few days before a new year. [I just have to remember to write a new number on the few checks I do write]

Photographers on Instagram put up their top 9 photos. FB folk like to put up their TOP 10. 

There is a photographer I've know for a very long time. We both took on line classes together. He is a pro dude. He does layouts for hotels and spas ... and such. His hobby is producing landscapes. His work is beautiful but he insists that he must go to certain very over photographed spots to find THAT photo. That's cool and I admit, I am jealous. I have to stay home and find cool amazing stuff.

But the top 10. Meh. 


I love the one person I follow on Instagram that posted her TOP Fails from her year of hiking mountains and rough areas. Her boyfriend/husband/hiking partner helps out by videoing and photographing the places she goes. They are incredible and I like to view them because I like to dream.
Her Fails were wonderful. Because she wasn't trying to say: Look how perfect my year was!


Me?

I start thinking of my review of the past year. 
Pfft. Not much different than the year before. 

Good things did happen. I made a new friend! She was brave enough to hike with me in the Wilds of the Reserve.

I want to say all those fine things. Like. Hmmm, I grew as a photographer. What does that even mean? I didn't grow taller but I tried new techniques.

What were my accomplishments? Um. 

What stood out last year? Um. Oh, I know! But I am not going to say it as it will jinx us.

I started Yoga and that is good, however Yoga doesn't work when the TV in the other room 10 feet away is blaring Football or Boxing. Sort of ruins the concentration.

Wait, how about Mindfulness. 
Here is a definition of Mindfulness: a form of meditation being aware of what you are feeling in the moment. That is a loose definition. 

I think I flunked that. I start being Mindful and Meditating and my mind doesn't meditate it sort of floats off into a daydream.

It was another year of caring. Of being patient. Another year of being empathetic. 

My year's highlight was to sit quietly on a rock and sip coffee while the world awakened below me. 



And hopefully I end this year seeking out new ice caves.


6 comments:

  1. I love that your highlight was sitting quietly on a rock sipping coffee while watching the world awaken. I am not sure I did anything that cool this year . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not planed out my End of Year post yet. Typically I write about Cheryl's runs, and maybe mushrooms. whatever I have the best pics for. Then again, that takes a lot of bandwidth and energy. We shall see

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My most memorable day could still be coming.
      Otherwise, this year was uneventful, .... Mostly.

      Delete
  3. I am feeling the same way, just another repeat of last year. Ice Caves sounds exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I spent the year recouping from health problems and everyday I was getting better. I am glad for each new day. I appreciate your list of things and it is good to just sit and sip coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your highlight/s is more special than you know!! As for loud distractions during yoga, maybe try ear plugs. Meditation is hard for me too. I just start over concentrating on my breath. Some days it works better than others.

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.