Thursday, December 23, 2021

No Christmas Music This Year!

 Since I don't listen to the regular radio and can play Pandora or pick my favorites with Amazon, I realized today that I have NOT listened to Christmas music, other than the canned stuff in a store while I was shopping.

Thankfully, I wasn't in the store long enough to listen to the endless reel of bad Christmas music.

I don't watch normal TV except Hulu once in a while so we were not inundated with Christmas Ads either. What a relief!

I do like Christmas music and I will play what I want to hear later on tomorrow. I have narrowed most of my music down to instrumental and not overdone vocals and remakes of the classics.

My most liked Christmas music is by Pentatonix, TranSiberian Orchestra, and The Piano Guys.

My all time favorite is 

Christmas Canon

My father was a huge fan of classical music and that might be why I lean this way. I like almost all music but tend to listen to the Classic Rock of my age group and some Electropopswing which is really quite fun.

Tomorrow I'll pop in my headphones and play what I'd like to listen to.



What's your favorites??


9 comments:

  1. My favorite is a cd I picked up at a 4H advisors conference in Michigan at least a decade ago. The entertainment was a high school fiddle group and their moms sold cds at a table in the back. They quickly ran out of merchandise (we 4H advisors like to support youth and also appreciate good music). One mom ran out to the car to see what else they had and brought in some Christmas cds. The group was called Fiddlers Unstrung and it is a collection of old favorites and some little known bluegrass Christmas songs with some great harmonies thrown in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that would be great to be able to listen to any of that on line. Have any links perhaps? It would be sad if it wasn't out there for others to enjoy.
      I was a 4H leader for years and did Horseless Horse and Chickens. It was the most gratifying thing I've done.
      I would like to become a leader for Photography but am unable to stick to their schedule as I am a CareGiver.
      Love it, thank you!

      Delete
  2. I like your selection also Little Drummer Boy is a favorite of mine, I hate the canned music also:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pentatonix is an Acapella group and their Little Drummer version is amazing as is their other Christmas songs. They are sung with so much feeling it makes me tear up!

      Delete
  3. I agree with the canned music and remakes. The Stores have made me HATE Christmas music this year. I still love certain songs done by their original artists. Andy Williams, the Carpenters, even the Beachboys! Funny that Far Side mentioned Little Drummer boy. Ever since Bing Crosby and David Bowie sang that Duet together, I have disliked all versions of that song. But one song is not so bad. There are plenty to make up for it. too bad one bad song can ruin all versions, but... there you go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all genres of Christmas music!! We listen to it a lot (including our horses) waaay before the traditional season starts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...I will listen to it tomorrow. I have some playlists in mind.
      I may even make chocolate chip cookies if it doesn't make hubby faint.

      Delete
  5. We love the For King and Country band. The two guys sing with such sincerity and write with great sensitivity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I will check them out!

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.