Saturday, December 04, 2021

Can't help it

 


I just adore taking photos of Christmas-y things. It is the one time of the year I can really enjoy just finding beautiful light and little things to photograph. 

I have been known to collect 'horse' themed ornaments. 

I like stags too, especially those tacky looking ones with a TON of glitter on them.

I like shiny stuff. Hubby says I'm like an old crow. 

I may bore you with some of them. And some of the bears, dragons, and unicorns too. Lucky for me and them...they get to come out and play all over month. I even heard that the dinosaurs let the Elf on the Shelf loose. 

Groot sure seems to get around too!


I couldn't resist rearranging the polar bear and snowmen crew. 




Anyone old enough to recall the Polar Bear and Coke commercial?? Probably not? The first commercial that featured a Polar Bear and Coke was in 1922 in France.



For 70 years the advertisers used a Polar Bear!

For whatever reason, those polar bears made an impression on me as a kid...

so...


...my mini version. It sure makes me smile! 
[I am having gobs of fun with the Polar Bears!]

Even the dragons get in on it...


I spent the morning going out to my mossy rocks in the woods. The brilliant greens always amaze me in November and December. Well, any time there is not much other color in the woods.

I was looking for magic in the gloomy light. Maybe my polar bears were too. I think this would look much better with a dusting of snow...


I do love what the forest has to offer and not too far from my house either! Below is one of the rock formations I use. 


Looks like I will pack up some Bears and seek out another rock or two.

Ever decorate a rock in the forest?



5 comments:

  1. I remember the Polar Coke commercials! I love your Polar Bear photos, keep 'em coming!!

    I have never decorated a rock or anything in the woods, but LOVE the idea!! Can't wait to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I take the decorations out and then photograph with bears and whatnot. IF I left the decorations on the rocks, the sneaky racoons would take it apart...or other critters.

      Delete
  2. I am pretty sure I have a polar bear/Coke decoration for my Christmas tree. If I ever get around to pulling it out and putting it up, I will try to find it, LOL. I just love your photography. You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the Coke Commercials they are the best! I had a Polar Bear Skiing for a coke...he might still be amongst the old decorations! You keep having fun! We might send snow your way, supposed to get a blizzard here. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I saw that...the winds are supposed to be horrible here! Eeeks! Stay safe and cozy.

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.