Thursday, December 02, 2021

Charlie nails it...sorta

Charlie doesn't like to pose much. I could tell Morris to sit and he would sit and stare at me with an intensity that only Jack Russell's could muster up.

Morris his last Christmas pose:


Charlie...

Nah mom...just nah...


and the next year.... nope, won't look at you....


Finally this year I just winged it.


I'm sure Charlie could care less. No stupid sweater, no garlands, just a ribbon this year. It was a grab and shoot and I think I will keep it.

Such a look of ultimate unconcern on his face.

I may try another one with him. But truthfully? He is happiest while hiking or holding down the couch with his Dad-human.


8 comments:

  1. We had a border collie for 18 years and he would not look at the camera. I think he thought we were holding up a gun when we put it up to our face. He was rescued from running the streets as a puppy so I am sure had been through a lot of things. You dog is wonderful and you did get great photos, all of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A few dogs like Charlie didn't like the flash so I stopped using one. Morris would look right at a flash.
      Thank you so much.
      We used to raise hound dawgs too for hunting and I wish I could be immersed in dogs all the time! They are so incredible.
      As a kid we had cats...so YES, I love them too!

      Delete
  2. Cats are usually the same way. But Leo looks directly at the camera and never blinks. He is very photogenic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I have a friend who dresses up her cats for Christmas and spends a lot of time doing Christmas card photos with them! Don't get me wrong, cats are incredible animals. We used to have two dogs and two cats in my old farm house long ago.

      It was a delight to have 2 boys, 2 dogs, and 2 cats underfoot!

      Delete
  3. Charlie did nail it! Merry Christmas Charlie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. He is generally not very cooperative. He used to wear a Hawaiian shirt when we went visiting the nursing home and for whatever reason he asks super duper quiet when anything other than a collar goes on him.

      He is a charmer with Googly Eyes!

      Delete
  4. Good job Charlie! He is so darn handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the not looking at you Charlie photos!! You captured the real him.

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.