Sunday, December 19, 2021

Sunday Stills #33 ~ Handmade

The first thing I think of when hearing the words Handmade are my Grandmother's incredible mittens. 

Lucky for me, I was able to get a box of mittens that she and my Aunt had made. Often I wear the double layer mittens to do chores in. When the weather gets very cold, nothing is better than homemade mittens.

Bear models a child's pair here:


The knit mittens have wool over them. Often I wear mine with those tiny stretchy gloves you can get that are cheap and three for a $2.


This week I had some waiting around the house to bid my time while the winds blew down limbs and whisked anything that was not tied down away...

I cut up Elderberry stems and cut them apart. I made my own Lincoln log cabins for my toys to enjoy.

Homemade log cabins and glittered pinecones for decorations:


And last but not least my handmade button bears. They love to play in the woods and chase Elf on the Shelf.

But today they posed for him on a log.


That's my story...


and I'm stickin' 

to it.


More at Sunday Stills


11 comments:

  1. Wow, only you would be so creative with homemade shots! Teddy wearing grandma's mittens photo is too cute. I never would have thought of the Elf taking a shot of the button bears. Love all your homemade things, especially those from/of nature.

    I couldn't figure out what to share. Maybe tmr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, you are quite creative as in those incredible barn pots! And you can make cookies. I can burn them! Just imagine what I could do if I could make cookies in any shape I wanted!

      Delete
  2. Love the little elderberry logs. Never thought of that- we have three big elderberry trees hereand I am always throwing the broken branches away.
    Your little bears are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are little elderberry trees, they tried to take over a section of our forest! But they make great straight sticks. Thanks. I pick up interesting branches and put them in my coal scuttle. After the wind storm last week, I have one heck of a job to do outside!

      Delete
  3. Those little mittens. Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Hand made mittens seem to have sort of gone out of style, but I sure love having mine. I have a few kid sizes which I keep for decoration as they are so colorful!

      Delete
  4. Love your imagination! You blog is so unique. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:25 AM

    The toys always make me smile. The mouse with the pinecone is precious, it looks like it was hand carved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. My childhood friend sent me her collection of tiny wooden animals a little over a year ago!

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.