Tuesday, December 14, 2021

3 sunrises in one day

 ~~~Sunday morning~~~

That should be impossible...

But it sort of isn't.



The plan was to hike out to the large soybean field and then drop down into a bit of a dip where there are some trees growing in the water way.

But I realized that I didn't have quite enough time to get that done. I should 'time' it to see how long it takes me to walk from the house to that tree. I'll have to try it this week when I am not chasing the sun or some other monkey business. Then I can plan accordingly.

I love snowy sunrises, the ground takes on a cool bluish tone and reflects light upwards.

The ice from the night before was still hanging on most leaves and branches which were very pretty in the low light.


And the southwest sky had a whole different look to it which was filled with blues and purples.





I went to head back, but stopped at a scrub oak tree that divides the field and watched the sun make its appearance. If you look carefully, there are icicles hanging from some leaves.


I walked through the neighboring corn field and headed to the mailbox to pick up our mail.

When I turned around there it was. Another sunrise over the slight rise between the two fields.


That far off tree is a real challenge to shoot as an isolated subject. It is surrounded by thorny brush. It is another good spot to watch the sun greet the morning.


I headed down the driveway. My hands were cold but I was happy and had some hot coffee waiting for me.

Our hollow was still without the sun. It would be about an hour before it topped over the trees and shone down on our place.
Technically, it isn't another sunrise, but in a way it is as it is the first bit of sun we see each day. 

The mules started talk to me and Fred brayed for his Senior Feed.

It looked like it would be a good day...and it was.




5 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:03 PM

    Beautiful pictures of the sunrises and the sun shine on your piece of heaven on earth, a real upper for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful way to start your day, soaking up natures solitude with magnificent views!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty way to start the day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Pretty pics! Love the cold with the warm colors. Almost looked tropical!

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.