Tuesday, December 06, 2022

Meanwhile

I woke up Monday to a dreary dreary day with an ice watch-warning. When I stepped outside to do the chores what looked wet was just pure ice.


The bird feeders were iced, the grass, the gravel driveway...all ice. Enough so, that I returned to the house and put on my Yak Traks. 

Hello winter weather.

After breakfast, Charlie and I decided to take a woods walk and get the mail on the ridge so we could check the gravel road.

I put on his bow tie so he'd be fancy while we walked. Of course he got it dirty and I had to wash it!



The ice was evident in most places and as I neared the ridge, it started dripping off the trees above us.

Some drops of ice/water reflected the trees above the branches.



We got to the mailbox and I met my new neighbor Cybil coming back from getting groceries. She told me that the gravel road was a bit slippery but the main roads were good.

I still opted out of going to the gym. I felt grumpy [so I should have gone!] and didn't want to share my grumpiness.

Charlie's bow tie gave me an idea.

He is getting much better at sitting down when I place him. He was such a good dog to let me do this to him....

The light was terrible, the setting was terrible, the white balance was awful and Charlie started to yawn as if he were too bored.


He was much more cooperative than he has been in all the past years though. 

I got creative with a puck light to try and light him up. He followed the light as I moved it around.

I don't have a flash on this camera and I learned quickly that Charlie would not look at the camera with a flash mounted on it.

Charlie: This is 
beneath me. Unless
cookies are involved.


What was I thinking?


Nope, I won't
look. 
I want
to get out of this 
embarrassing situation.


In the end, it was fun and I decided there was too much busy-ness around him for it to be a 'good' series of shots. I may try again. Or I may not.

I like his shots from the past years and it has always been fun. It is something I started when we had Morris. Morris sat and stared intently at me camera or no camera. He was Mr. High Energy.

Charlie is Mr. Chill.

If we get a better day for some light, I may try it again.

Meanwhile,....

back to the grind 

and kicking Grumpy out of my head.




15 comments:

  1. He's a great model, willing or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is really a good little guy. We are lucky to have him.

      Delete
  2. I love the way water droplets show a reverse image of what they are reflecting.
    Charlie is a good sport!
    Chocolate is always a good remedy (for me) for grumpyness. It's hard to be grumpy with a mouthful of chocolate! Even early in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes water and ice droplets always fascinate me, either on branches or on moss....or anything for that matter.
      I need to go find chocolate then....mmmm.

      Delete
  3. Were there cookies involved? I think Charlie looks very good in this photo session. Also you know a stubby-legged, curious dog WILL get his bowtie dirty! I hope the ice has melted, it is absolutely the worst.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes there were, at the end of it all.
      Hah. I knew he'd get it dirty. I have to find his skull and cross bones bow tie, it is black and grey and doesn't show the dirt.

      Delete
  4. Charlie is cute how ever he poses! Maybe chicken livers instead of cookies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His eyes melt my heart all of the time!

      Delete
  5. Anonymous5:28 PM

    Wait for some sunshine! Charlie is a great subject.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. Charlie is such a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ice is nice, as long as you have proper gear & don't need to drive on it. We didn't get any ice. I thought Charlie's pics were festive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wouldn't you like to know what Charlie was thinking, lol. Glad he was all fancy for the walk, and that you have those things for your feet to help you from falling on the ice. I'm not one to go out walking in bad weather. At my age, a fall scares me. Hope things warm up a bit and you get rid of some of the ice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been hiking like this for 30 years on this rough ground, and I also take Mobility Classes and personal training to keep up with balance and strength. With 70 yrs coming up fast, I want to enjoy getting out in the wilds as long as I can.
      So much to learn about and see!
      What you do is awesome, keep on doing it! You wrack up a lot of miles!

      Delete
  9. Charlie did a great job. He is a cute dog. Ice can give you great pictures but sometimes I fall down while looking for that perfect shot.

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.