Monday, December 05, 2022

Christmas Chair and other things


This year's version
of the Christmas 
Chair



There is no partial tree with it this year. Just the chair in an ever changing environment. I liked how the shower curtian on the windows behind the tree changes the whole feeling and visual of the chair and baskets.

Here is the full living room.


The Honorable jointed Christmas Bear gets to sometimes sit in the chair.


I made him in the late 1980's. So he is an oldy but goodie. The one thing I do enjoy is making stuffed toys. For the life of me I cannot sew a shirt or pants. But give me a complicated toy and I can get it done. I haven't done any in a long time because I simply don't have the space.

Sometimes the chair is host to other things.



It is ever changing. I do something different to it nearly every day.

Around the house I have the usual.



The Elf on the Shelf has been hanging around. I haven't seen him disrupt anything yet. I have to also keep an eye out on my tiny jointed button bears. They like mischief also. I'm sure they will show up.




For me decorating for Christmas has become a way of having fun and thinking outside of the traditional Christmas 'Box'. Instead of one big glorious tree, I like to have little scenes that might sometimes lead the viewer to think of a story.




I want it to be fluid and ever changing. 

It may be more about being able to use my creativity than any holiday. After all, I get to mess with lights and all sorts of decorations...for about a month!

As kids we used to do 'set ups'. Sometimes it was with my brother's awesome train set and little soldiers -- sometimes those soldiers got run over by the train and we got enjoy wonderful derailments.
Other times we'd set up immense battlefields on the ping pong table in the basement. My brother is and always was a history buff with particular interests in large battles. We enjoyed our set ups.

So I continue. I love making small 'dioramas' and changing them. This time of the year is perfect for that.

Photo from when we were kids. Dad may have taken it and it is blurry, but there are the Legos and it looks like Civil War soldiers. This looks like one of my brothers big battles.
Such fond memories of play like this. 





Maybe that is why I continue to this day.

16 comments:

  1. I like this variation on the more common decorating. This year I had decided to collect all the tiny dolls, all over the house, made by me, or gifts made by friends, into a Christmas Dollarama. I think you'd approve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see your collection of dolls! I think toys are the coolest things to open imagination.

      Delete
  2. I love your sense of imagination and awesome wonder. Your Christmas pictures make me so happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I have to thin small because we have such a small place. :)

      Delete
  3. I really like this whole thing. You are really an 'out of the box' thinker and I think that is marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband says I'm just weird and others think I'm...different. I think that is a polite way of saying weird.

      Delete
  4. Having fun with decorating is what it's all about isn't it? Things to please the eye. Who says they can't be ever changing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sure did nail that on the head. I just like a reason to mess around with pretty colors and lights!

      Delete
  5. It is a great idea. The chair is special and that things it supports are just as special. I like all your setups. Your colors and lights are good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:42 PM

    The Christmas Chair looks so magical. It looks beautiful.
    Take Care,
    Kaye

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:04 PM

    Looks like you are getting the Christmas bug too. Have fun with your Scenes. They look festive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully decorated chair. The curtain backdrop makes it look even more magical!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, that curtain was a fluke, I wanted a new shower curtain and saw that some lady had used one like that for a backdrop behind her bed! And someone else had used a beautiful scene for their patio door!
      I was surprised at how nice it looks at night.

      :) <3

      Delete
  9. Oh your chair is a beauty! You are so good at all your decorations. I recognize the bear house:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love using cards I get to decorate like that!
      Thanks, I do love old chairs. Next year I may rescue that old cracked one and see what I can do with it again!

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.