Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Rain and Wind and...other stuff.

Well, looks like some nasty weather is heading this way this afternoon. 

Looks like it will be time to batten things down. 


I made a snowman on Friday during the snowstorm. I haven't done one in such a long time I figured I'd forgotten how. 
I didn't.

And truthfully, it was one of the ugliest snowmen I've ever made. I took a breather from shoveling out a walkway to the shed to roll snow. This is what I got. He or she looks mad because I used mulch chips for the eyes and the nose...that kept falling out. 

Maybe it was mad because the birds kept landing on its arms or the mules would come up and stare at t and laugh.


I don't think I'm very good at building snow people. The next morning....


It appeared as if someone had murder-ized it. 

Upon closer investigation....


The culprit was revealed...I think!

With the temps hovering just above freezing, everything is melting and getting sloppy. I imagine with all the rain we are getting it will be muddy too. 


I finished this project and received the finished book from Blurb. It turned out really nice. 


I think with all this crazy wicked weather, I may just start on my next project which I think will be about the Trail Challenge I did this past year with Charlie. I have so much information and photos to sort through, it will be a challenge in itself.

I started on January 8th with two friends and two dogs. I finished in November on a dreary day. I mulled over the thought of doing the challenge again this year. Now that I know the trails, perhaps I can plan the hikes better.

The photo that inspires me to actually get this done is a photo taken by fellow blogger Aurora

This amazing shot she took of the two of us in October should be the cover, don't you think?


In so many ways this photo says it all. Such a tiny dog and her minion ... blazing trails together!

There is something so calming about walking or hiking through the forest.

However, most of this week will be dealing with the nasty weather heading across the US.


7 comments:

  1. I really liked you snow man. It inspires me to make one if it every snows. That elf is a mean one. You may have to stick him in a box and a locked drawer. Fun blog and wonderful little dog that i love seeing him in action.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:21 PM

    The photo of you and Charlie would be perfect for the cover! Will you be able to show us your current book?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is at :
      https://www.blurb.com/bookstore/invited/9727152/46750beeb6fd0c74f9c53ddb5ab389d9ea6a1b0c

      Delete
  3. You guys got a lot of snow! ( Friday) Ours did not last long here. And they are predicting rain tonight I guess. I have not had much of an opportunity to be outside these days. But perhaps that is all for the best. Hiking with Charlie looks fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes that is a perfect photo for the front of your book! We have lots of snow so far this evening...wet sticky good for building snowmen! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just catching up on blog posts. I haven't built a snow person in forever. Looks like you (and the naughty elf) had fun! Glad your tree book turned out nice. Let me know if you need that photo of you and Charlie resized. So honored that you want to include it :)

    I've been wanting to make another photo book forever, this time based off my blog. So I can change it up. Trying to figure out how to sort over a decade of wordiness & photos. I don't want a book that's 500 pages long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a year goes by and I like certain shots, I stick them in a file labeled something like -- Book Worthy -- last year it was Tree Stuff. Yep, unique names, but at least I sort of kept track and then chose what I liked.

      You should definitely make a photo book!

      I will let you know on the photo! I think with a real deep freeze, it would be a good time to write and sort photos!

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.