Monday, December 12, 2022

Dog Day Sunday

Text: Hey, would you like to join us sledding?
Answer: Absolutely!

My young neighbors went out to do some sledding. Unfortunately, the adult in me had to stay indoors and fix someone an early lunch. When I got dressed and ran outside, I could hear that the sledding up on the ridge had ended. 
Little kids don't tolerate a lot of sledding like teens do. 

I texted back that sorry I was too late, but they had given me the idea to go sledding anyway.

I grabbed my old plastic sled. Charlie decided to come along for the adventure. What a dog!

The snow was deep enough even with the warm temps that he had to do the Charlie Leap to get through the snow.




We hiked across the ridge cropland out to where there is a gentle slope with no obstacles other than perhaps some long grasses and corn stalks in the contour strips. I picked the waterway that is left as grass in the summer. Linda cut it and baled it the fall so it was a perfect gentle hill.



The first pass was rather disappointing as you have to make a trail before getting a good go at it.

The second was great and I put Charlie in my lap. The ride down the cropland slope lasted at least 30 seconds.
Since the snow is so deep Charlie elected to ride with me and by the 4th trip he didn't even try to jump out.




The walk back to home was nice too. Charlie was worn out from Snow Leaping. When we got inside, he immediately curled up on the couch and went to sleep.

All that fresh air and walking back up the long hill made for a very good night's sleep.




7 comments:

  1. Charlie sledding with you is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:09 AM

    Love this video!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what fun! Charlie the navigator!
    I feed my hay in a calf sled and let it go down the slope to Beamer's pen on its own- that's the only sledding happening around here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too! This morning it went way out into the woods. I used to ride on top of the hay and bale out before the hot wire. I got smarter...maybe.

      Delete
  4. You couldn't have a more perfect companion than Charlie. He's up for anything! I haven't been on a sled since I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun you almost went into the corn field! Way to sled Charlie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Charlie isn't so sure about it all but he likes it. I have an old sled in my basement from when I was a kid. It is the rails type sled.

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.