Friday, December 30, 2022

About now...

It seems that everyone is doing this thing where they look back on the past year.

Photographers are flooding FB with their 9 or 10 BEST photos of the year. Flickr asks users to send in their number one photo of the year.

I cannot find a favorite for the life of me.

So, photography aside. My look back on this year?

It was okay and pretty good. We are both still upright each morning. We had no catastrophic incidents and I accomplished some goals as did Rich.

I feel amazing with all the specific workouts I've been doing with Angie, my coach.

All in all?

It was a pleasant year. Rich's daughter visited him three times! Each time it made Rich's world so much brighter for a day.

I don't do New Year's Eve resolutions because I've always broke them in the past. I have goals for the next year. We'll see what happens.

I'm looking forward to short term, day by day goals. 

Maybe doing the KVR Trail Challenge again? No one has ever done it back to back. I think I can accomplish that again especially now that I know all of the trails. 

I'll work on my keeping my bones challenged and keep up my new relationships with the new neighbors. Both of those items bring me a lot of joy and social relaxation.


I do have a few favorite photos. But they are regarding moments. Not stunning 'best' photos of the year.

Moments in time that I can look back on and say that in 2022 I did something important for myself.





Here is to continuing to live day by day and looking forward...

Not

Backward.





10 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:28 PM

    What a wonderful life/personal philosophy you have.
    I wish you and yours A Happy New Year.
    Kaye (does sighing your name count for new rule?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just your first name is perfectly fine. That way it is nice to know a name that I can recognize when your visit often! Thank you so much!

      Delete
  2. Anonymous7:36 AM

    Enjoy your blog so much. Social interaction and relaxation are so important for our overall well being. So glad you have new neighbors to interact with. RHill, TX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best moments fits the bill! I am thankful that you share your lovely photography with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the photo of you and Charlie in the leaves:) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you had a very good year, even though I came into it halfway through. I am also so happy you have Olive in your life. I didn't have a good year, but I am still here and I am still my curmudgeon self so there is that! Looking forward...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am lucky for those fellow bloggers and of course Aurora who is one that I hike a couple of times a year with also!

      Each year will have its ups and downs. I sure hope yours turns upward in 2023!

      Delete
  6. Happy New Year! I made a new blogger friend this year and that was you. I wish you to find new things and fun things all year long.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't do the social media year end photo hoopla either. I have a terrible time choosing between photos. I like the keepers for different reasons.

    You have enjoyed a good year and it's so well deserved. You work and play hard, think positive and are a genuine good person. Wishing you another year of good health, filled with moments that give you joy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got an interesting reaction on a site I co manage with a small group of non competitive people who showed off their photos that were more of ... wonderful memories they had throughout the year. It was refreshing to see kayaking with friends, dogs in laps, and not epic scenes. Just normal people's lives.

      2022 was pretty good.

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.