Saturday, December 03, 2022

Meanwhile


I keep enjoying the weather. It is cold, and earlier this week it was wicked. The Winds were blowing hard and this light and beautiful snow was falling.

I decided to take an early morning walk with Charlie. We hadn't been out in the woods for over a week and my feet were getting 'itchy' to wander.

The winds were so brutal in the open areas that I wore a balaclava and a pair of over the glasses goggles to keep my eyes protected from the cold winds. We made it to the Creek and enjoyed our time just wandering about and enjoying the fresh air out of the fierce winds.

There we are in our safety vests. I'd made some adjustments to Charlie's vest and now it doesn't impede his running or jumping. He and I are ready for winter hiking.


I took some of my characters with me. Big Foot wanted to find a nice tree for the village so he took one of the Polar Bears along. It looks like they found one!


Hobby, the photographer went along too. Gosh, it looks like her hair is getting grey just like mine! She always has her camera. [I painted her hair...]


[Hubby says she is me. She always has a camera in hand and is searching for something little to take photos of.]

I'd promised to make chocolate chip cookies for us [ewwww...baking!] so after shooting snowflakes on moss sporophytes, I headed towards home.



When I started putting together the cookies, I decided to see if my Lego folks could help. I discovered that I'd left Hobby in the forest! 

I was sort of elated that it would give me a second chance to head back out.

I know. I am crazy.

It was amazing that I found her exactly where I left her.

It seems someone needs to keep an eye on the Lego Village....

Uh oh, no one is watching the 
bears!


Looks like everyone is
gathering candy cane
decorations.


Snow Warrior and
a snowperson watch


And so it goes. Hope you are all having a good weekend.

8 comments:

  1. I love your fantasy scenes! And mixing them with the landscape too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there is a lot of Lego photographers that will only do them in a natural landscape. One fella has done some amazing stuff and has the Lego figures feeding peanuts to birds!

      Delete
  2. You left your mini me. Or she hid so you would forget her and need to come back out! I think that's what happened. You and Charlie look like you know what you are doing. Did the cookies get made?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes they did get made! I knew if I went back out for the mini me that I'd not make the cookies. So I did that first. They were good too!

      Delete
  3. You captured some great individual snowflakes too! The wind is raw here, but then it is winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that wind is tough. I wore a face mask and goggles again while out today.

      Delete
  4. Nice pics. I especially like the clever lego-photographer flake one. You painted her hair, and yet she hasn't aged a bit :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much fun. Lots of fun, Keep on creating.

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.