Sunday, November 27, 2022

Well here we go!

Be glad I didn't start out with yesterday morning's musings. It was very Bah BAH Humbug. Really it was quite an eye opener.

Perhaps I'll write about it some other time.

We all think about Christmas Decorations right after Thanksgiving. After all, the decorations started to appear right after Halloween in the stores. The Christmas muuu--saccc started then too. 

[One of the reasons I do not listen to the run of the mill Christmas music is that it is heard everywhere in November and December, there is no escape! Your favorite Christmas music is???]

So I started with the simple things. I changed the shower curtain from the fall forest to the winter forest:

I like feeling like I am walking into a snowy scene when I walk past the bathroom door.

The Living Room -- 


and..now you have seen most of our house!


I brought in the rickety old table from the porch, I thought this might be a fun place to put Santa's Visit Lego build and the Gingerbread House along with the Wood Cabin we are still working on. The totes have all of the decorations in it. 

This corner used to be the corner where I put up the Christmas Chair. The concentrator was replaced with this monster of a thing. This corner has been rendered useless. 

That opening is our tiny downstairs bedroom that was part of the addition. The original house ends at that opening.


This wall that greets you when you walk in the back door. I made those wreaths so many years ago.  I save unique Christmas Ribbons and labels for packages. 


I purchased a pre lit 4 foot tall Birch Tree. I like it because I can use it all winter long to bring some nice light into our living room on these dark evenings.
The nesting box is exactly that, a nesting box for chickens that my mother in law had for years. She used it as a coffee table. I use it to put things in to look at.

I like old wooden boxes.
I like trees and sticks... and milk weed pods for bouquets.


In the winter the sun comes right in the south windows and shines in your eyes if you are sitting on the loveseat. So I tried curtains and they were horribly ugly. The blocked the sun and made the room so dark. 

[Note, that cabin heater is the heat for the whole house. It keeps it warm too.]

While browsing for a nice Fall Shower curtain I saw in a review how a woman used a beautiful forest scene as a backdrop in her bedroom. Someone else used it as a curtain for a sliding glass door.

So I did this.


It lets enough light in to keep the living room bright and cheery and is easy to open and shut. The orange in the corner is the basket of stuff I keep Charlie's stuff in for going out.

The Christmas Chair. Well. Hmmm. I am thinking about it, but of course am going to change it up as I always do.

As for the music? I like Trans Siberian Orchestra and instrumental music. 

Christmas Eve and Other Stories and the Christmas Attic. Favs...

Wayyy dislike any other versions of over played music. 

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:47 AM

    I really would love to see another Christmas chair!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is looking like Christmas at your place! Great idea for a window curtain. I am not a fan of Christmas Music...it mostly irritates me. It has irritated me even when I was not old and cranky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the tour! I like your inventive approach to decor, using what you like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I've never been exactly traditional.

      Delete
  4. You are eclectic and I like that! Your house looks warm and inviting. I don't listen to Christmas music.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting that more of us don't actually listen to Christmas music yet the radio stations ass--ume we do! Eclectic. Another word for weird me thinks!

      Delete
  5. Great idea with the shower curtain! I have one that has a Bernie Brown print of a herd of horses that I have used as a curtain. It may need to go up in our current home. Hmm. :o)
    I like the kind of Christmas music that is truly about the birth of Christ and not about a secular holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A print with horses would look awesome like that with the sun highlighting it! The Fall forest curtain was a lot prettier than the cold winter one. I will swap it back after Christmas.

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.