Sunday, November 13, 2022

I am a clean freak....

Nah....don't 

believe 

that!


I brought mud and leaves into the house Friday after hiking with Olive at the KVR. Can you believe it? I didn't take out my camera once! NOT once! We just did the girl thing, we talked and hiked. -- I know my son would NOT believe this at all -- but it is true.

Besides, it was a trail I'd just recently done. Charlie, Olive, and I got our feet properly muddy and enjoyed the fresh air. She left Aiden at home with her hubby and enjoyed a walk without her little one.

So Saturday arrived and I decided that it was going to be a 'business' day. That means I move all the things around in the house in the East Wing [it's a joke guys, my house is tiny!] and scrub the floors after sweeping and vacuuming.  I moved to the West Wing and did the same thing. Sweep, vacuum, and scrub on my hands and knees.

I was done by noon. See, my house is so tiny I can scrub floors and be done in an hour or two. I don't have big shelves, I have old crates that I stack up or take down. I can move them easily. Our living room has a love seat to sit on. That is it.

Generally I do a really great cleansing of the house when I am really irritated. I wasn't irritated other than with myself. When I'd gotten Charlie a new bright yellow squeak toy, it turned brown from him mopping the floor with it and doggy saliva. 

Here it is brand new. He adores squeak toys
but generally destroys them in a few minutes.
10 seconds



Anyway, I got the floors spic and span and then moved on to moving the old trunk. It takes up space but makes a good folding table when I am not using it for toys or decorations. I made quick work of folding the laundry. IN my opinion, laundry should fold itself and put itself away. This is one job I would forever put off and just have a revolving laundry basket. Take the clean stuff out of the basket and wear it, then put it in the wash....and repeat.

While making homemade chicken soup in the crockpot, I decided to mess around with the Lego people.

How could I create a neat backdrop for photography?

Hmmm. So I decided to use a bit of AI Art and create a forest scene with mushrooms.



Then I put Acorn Dude on a book and covered it with a scrap of black felt.


It sort of worked. A few more efforts got me this:


That was fun. But I'd have to think about how to create more scenes. 

So I decided to put everything away. Ooops.

Mistake. I stopped by the little A frame stick house I'd built two years ago. I'd meant to toss it, but it is kind of cute.

What happened if a Lego person wandered off his Lego land place and ended up somewhere he shouldn't? Lego land is such a nice happy place, right?


But what lurks outside of Lego land?


A fast thinking Elf thought of this. 

Cookie? Sit BuBu, SIT!


What to do when you meet an Alien?

Why simple! Serve cookies and coffee!



The photos didn't turn out great, but it was a nice distraction from the cold weather and all the chores I'd done.

I even washed his little toy. It is yellow again.

7 comments:

  1. Charlie looks so small! I enjoy the fantasy worlds you create.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is tiny, he measures 7" at his shoulders. His front legs are 3" long. Shhh, don't tell him he isn't taller, okay?

      Delete
  2. Anonymous3:33 PM

    So fun! Looks like scenes from an upcoming movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun video of Charlie! Good to see him short legs and all! I wish I could scrub all the floors in one day...but it would exhaust me, having a small house has its perks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I understand that! This is one of the reasons I love our very small house. Little dog for a little house! :)

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.