Friday, November 18, 2022

Wardrobe Failures!

 

She bought this horrible ugly nasty icky thingy. 

OH and She was so excited to put it on me. 

She took photos of me eating my supper.




Then it happened. Jacket Failure. 

When She let me outside to do my business. I kept putting my foot through the neck hole and falling on my face.

I was happy, she was not. Over the years she tried with some dog named Morris to get him a blaze orange vest. Apparently he destroyed it in one outing. The fleece got full of snow and so many burrs that it was never usable again. 


Then someone who had seen Mr. Morris's coat predicament sent him one of her dog's old coats. 

Another coat failure. 


She explained all of this to me patiently while she scratched her head. 

My short little legs seem to be an issue. When I run or leap, they get stuck in the jacket. So she tried tightening it. 
Nope.

Phew, after a few more tries, She removed the obnoxious thing and decided to think about the problem over night. 

I hoped SHE would forget it. But She didn't.

She took some craft twine and tied up the neck/leg holes to make them tighter so my legs wouldn't get stuck.
I am So embarrassed.

But then she let me outside for a morning walk! I was so happy to get out in the snow that I took off ... faster than the speed of light. Okay, I exaggerate. 


Wow! I guess you can see me really well! It worked great on the driveway and it started out okay in the woods too.


Then it happened again. My tiny legs got caught up in the belly thingy. How embarrassing to be jumping a log and BIFF. Land on my face in the snow because one leg got tucked under in the belly thing.

She removed it. I could tell She had more thinking to do. She stuffed the offensive jacket in her pocket and we had a nice walk after all.

She said she really needed to figure out how to make the jacket work. I guess I am hard to spot in the woods. 


Can you find me? I'm in this shot.


She grumbled a lot and I could see smoke coming from under her hat, She was thinking hard!

She found some pretty red Barberry berries to take a picture of and then we walked out to the road.


At the road, She put the jacket thing back on me. On the flat surface and just walking, the jacket did fine. 
And apparently I can be seen.



However there needs to be another adjustment.


She needs to figure out how to keep my short legs from getting caught in the belly thingy.


Back at home we worked on that.


I AM a very patient dog.
Very. 
She came up with a possible solution. She cut up an old shirt and fit part of the sleeve over the jacket like a horse cinch.

It might just work. We'll have to see what today brings as it will be our last day before the gun hunting season and we don't go for walks during that time no matter how bright our jackets are.





13 comments:

  1. Hmmm she may just have to make up her own design for a Charlie jacket. May I suggest a bally band that has velcro straps that do up over the jacket on the top of your back?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm that should read belly band....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I figured that out. :) Elastic is our next choice.

      Delete
  3. Poor Charlie! She's determined. She will figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Charlie and I share body types.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Charlie! Poor Val! How frustrating. I bet poor Charlie felt all trussed up like a turkey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does feel that way, however, slowly...he is getting used to it. He will adjust!

      Delete
  6. Perhaps the hind legs are catching because the band is too far back. Then again, those pooches are like kids and will find a way to override any improvements you make to the thing. Besides, Orange is such a great color! Who wouldn't want to wear that all the time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was his front legs that caught up...but I think we may have solved the issue!

      Delete
  7. Nothing wrong with MacGyver-ing something for Charlie. The little guy can be hard to see. Little dog holiday costumes might work & keep him warm too.

    I saved our beloved old Sam's Winter coat and used bale twine in order for Jameson to wear it. Just so he could go pee outside. It got very bitter cold a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really dislikes having a coat or even a sweater thing on. He sits and gives you those googly eyes like MOM take IT off!

      I had a Christmas sweater just for photos and visiting the nursing home. I don't know if I kept it. Hmmm.

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.