Thursday, April 28, 2022

This has to be the best response from USPS

I reported a missing package containing medicine for me to the USPS Customer Service department. The site recommended using an email inquiry as phone inquiries have long wait times.

My nano needles were on my 'Dashboard' to be delivered on Saturday, then a notice to be delivered on Monday. By Tuesday, all evidence of the package disappeared. I'd saved the tracking number to look for it. The last scan of the package was still in the facility it arrived in on the 21st in Tennessee.

Yikes.
Starting and stopping meds like this kinda sucks, you know? So I filled out the info and checked that it had medical supplies. 


Thank you for taking the time to notify us of your experience. Your USPS® Service Request 38186095 has been marked as resolved.

Please accept our sincerest apology for any trouble this may have caused you. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again in the future.


Yes, that was the reply. Your inquiry is closed and we hope to serve you. Our facilities have a high volume and are experiences delays for service.
Um yeah. Like have a nice day.

Their customer service person asks that I continue to monitor the package's progress. Um. It hasn't moved in 6 days. What progress is that?

Sigh. 90% of the time our local post office loses packages or leaves a comment that I am not home. Sometimes the postal person may not have enough room in their delivery vehicle for the amount of packages they have to deliver. Rural routes like mine have drivers using private vehicles for delivery.

It is not an easy job, but sometimes I have to laugh at the reasons I'm given for non delivery. 

Once it was because there was two cows in the road, another time it was a goat was near the mailbox. Another time the mail person said he couldn't find my house. Um. OMG....

I get it. The postal service, like everyone else is shorthanded. 

Sigh. 

I would have worded their automated response a bit differently though:

Something more like ~ we are so sorry for the trouble and we are thoroughly investigating it. Even if it were a lie, it would make me feel better about it.

~~~

The USPS issue wasn't resolved, but I will be able to pick up the nano needles through a local pharmacy. Which worked out just fine.

Still awaiting any sign of the package from TN.

~~ Update 4-28 early morning: the package has been scanned and found. Still another 24 to 48 hrs away! ~~

10 comments:

  1. Hermes is our favourite here, they send you a photo of a random door with the good news your parcel has been delivered. Then you get into the loop of your parcel has been delivered / no it hasn't / yes, here is your door / that's not my door / yes, door / nope / do you know who's door it is? / Absolutely not / excellent your parcel has been delivered, thanks for contacting us

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, that is hilarious! I had a delivery like that and we found out that the delivery person lied. The regular driver found the overnight ATTN: medical supplies package in her junk pile. Seriously? There are only 6 doors on our ridge so yeah, that would be funny!
      How frustrating!

      Delete
  2. Ever watch the movie "Funny Farm"? Chevy Chase lives in a Rural farm in the middle of no where and the Mail Man drives by his house throwing his mail out the window every day. Because the house is located several miles out of his normal route. The Feud is a reoccurring joke through out the movie. Your case sounds similar...Hahah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is how we feel sometimes! I've found mail in the snow on the side of the road, I've had it delivered to other places on our ridge and I've delivered the mail to the right place more often than not.
      Our original mail person never messed it up. And that's when our addresses were Box #'s.

      Delete
  3. We have never had a regular mail person in 43 years. Sometime in the early 90's I took a girl scout troop to the Post Office and they showed the girls the slot for their street and house. When they came to my daughter, he said "Oh, you are an orphan". Somehow my street (which is the middle of other streets) was designated at one time as an "orphan street" not on any regular route. So that means if someone finishes early, they come back and grab an orphan street to deliver. Or maybe someone will do it in the morning if there is extra staff. Or maybe they are busy and we just don't get mail that day. My mail can come as late as 7pm. We constantly check the mail box.

    Don't get me started on packages I have tracked. All I know is there is a long term holding facility in Indiana. I do not live in Indiana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That must be another place they like to hole 'em! Sort of like a package prison?

      I never heard of an orphan street but that sure is odd.

      Delete
  4. We had a conflicting UPS lost/delivered/never left drop facility etc package experience last year. For a couple bucks we thankfully took insurance out on the original piece of art. Funny they found and delivered the package on the last day before they would have to pony up the value of the lost 4ft priceless (to us) package. Remind me to show you pics of the art next time we hike.

    I am not surprised with the crazy volume of packages, but that still doesn't make it okay. Especially for medical packages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It finally arrived on Saturday! It spent 4 days in TN, 2 days in St. Paul MN, 2 more days in Duluth MN, then back to St Paul MN, then 2 days trip to LaCrosse. Finally it made it to my mail box. Huh. What a well traveled package.

      If I ever want to see the country? Perhaps I should mail myself somewhere! :)

      Delete
  5. We have the same frustrations, so we can sympathize with the whole works. Glad you found a work around. No one is doing their jobs anymore, and no one has customer service either:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One package took 14 days and the re-order took 2 days. What a waste of money the 14 day package was nearly crushed!

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.