Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Catching up

Monday was my day for a lesson in how to administer a shot with the Osteoporosis medicine. 

First, let me say that the very idea of giving myself a shot daily was really not my idea of any kind of fun. I used to be deathly afraid of needles, but bearing children cured me of that.

So onward I bravely went to my appointment. Just about when I got there my Tire Pressure thingy went off with a little ding. I read the pressure on the tires and was alarmed to see 9 pounds difference in my front tires. 



Compound the stress of thinking about a shot and having to park in an underground garage that reminded me of all those movies ... where either a monster comes out or guys with blazing guns blow stuff up. Ewww.

My tire looked a bit low. So I decided that after the appointment I'd drive the half mile over to the dealer and get it looked at.

The nurses asked if I was nervous and I said "Not as nervous as I am regarding the low tire pressure!" 

The needle is so tiny! It is a micro needle and the hardest part of the whole thing was using the alcohol swab to clean my tummy. 

I left the dark, scary underground garage and pulled into the dealership. The service guy was nice and explained that there would be a wait for the lift. Next he told me [an hour later after watching the Drew Barrymore show 👎 ] that I had a faulty Tire Valve. In fact all of them were faulty but not bad. 

I smiled and asked him if it was the same valves as we replaced about 6 months ago. 

That through him for a loop. But I have to give the kid credit. He was polite and took care of replacing the faulty leaky one right away. I told him my appointment for 36K miles was next Monday and we'd address all the issues with the TPM system. 

I had to stop at the grocery store to pick up some pizza and milk on the way home. 
Jeeze. Don't you know it? Someone bumped into my front right bumper and bent the heavy rubber plastic around the fog light. 

Smacking forehead...

Tuesday was so bright and full of sunshine, but cold. I had to finish cleaning up the indoor pony pen and eeeks...drive the skid steer with its bucket full and dump it!

I braved that and then decided to get the old 4 wheeler out of winter storage. I put in the battery and got the old bird started. I noted that the front tires were soft.

I got out the Air Stick Thingy and tested the tires! No pressure! I got it to the Air Filler Up Thingy ... lo and behold. I got the tires filled correctly.

There was no stopping me now! It is pictured below just before I washed it. I filled the cart up twice with sticks and branches from the yard and drove it out to my brush piles.


I looked around at finding a UTV and I decided to forget it. I could replace my Subaru Outback for the cost of one right now and everywhere I looked the used ones were very pricey and new ones were all on back order.

After we were done with the yard work, I unhooked the cart and took Charlie for a nice little ride out back and around. He loves riding the 4 Wheeler. We go slow and enjoy ourselves.

Our CrossFit gym is doing a special summer class for Mobility and Balance. I sent off a message to get information on it. I do much better with daily exercise if I am with others. I do fine hiking on my own, but social exercise is a bonus for me.

Tires and engines. I really don't like them very much. But I feel that I accomplished a lot by driving the skid steer and getting the 4 wheeler ready for spring. Next up? I suppose the rider mower? EEEEKS!




6 comments:

  1. You will do okay with the needles and be an old pro in a few days! Tires, you sure had a go with them. Looks like the four wheeler is all set for summer. WE sure like our UTV but they are as expensive as a car. However it is one vehicle that Gene can ride in so that makes it all worth it! Yes you will have to tackle the mower soon...it is snowing here:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Engines and tires are my life long issues!

      Delete
  2. I understand the daily needle thing completely. I have decided to ignore the issue for a year which I am sure is not the smartest decision.

    Meanwhile - hit your car? Boo hiss. Could there be one more thing after the no pressure thingee and valve thingee? And it sounds like the valve replacements was another bust. But kudos on the engines and outdoor work!!! You are killing it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is odd about the tire valves. I have to take my truck back in next week to replace transmission fluid lines ($). I always say, it is either vehicle payments or vehicle repair payments!

    Good job with the skid steer. We have a little wagon just like yours that we pull with our four wheeler, except ours is green.

    It is a costly time to buy anything, especially motorized. The new fitness class sounds perfect for you!

    Enjoy the sunshine today. It's errands for me, but I will get outside and walk the dogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They had to replace my tranny line last year b/c of the wood chuck that ate it! Mine didn't cost much as it was covered under insurance for Rodent Damage.
      Next week will be a work over. I get it $$.

      Yes, when I was at the dealership I noted NO new Outbacks on the lot at all and one vehicle in the show room.

      I'm headed out with Charlie to enjoy the sunshine at our favorite spot in KVR.

      Delete
  4. I shoot insulin everyday. I started doing it in my thighs as it doesn't hurt as bad as the tummy. Check on the net where you can best do the trick. You have had a very busy day. I hate fighting with tires.

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.