Sunday, April 03, 2022

The Southeast Trails are done!

Map of the hike highlighted
in pinkish color.


 
Canada Geese

Bill watching Geese.

Another stunning shot of a Canada Goose. :-O 👀


Charlie leads the way around the Dam Trail which is segment #5. It was a rather easy hike and the weather was beautiful.


Dam Tower



We hiked back to look at pussy willows and admired this tree which had something that looked like pine cones and also had catkins growing on the same branch! The catkins were not on this tree last Sunday.

Alder Tree




Color me tickled, I figure out one more tree to identify!

Sections 2,3, and 5 finished.


This morning we woke up to a heavy snow fall. It was beautiful. By evening chore time the snow had disappeared and the sun was shining brightly.


5 comments:

  1. I hope we ate through with snow soon. We had freezing temps again last night. I want to work in the garden and that is not going to happen. That was a nice trail you followed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like your snow is gone too! Hurry up spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful day to hike! It must have felt good to complete the Southeast Trails, and you found more great signs of Spring.

    Those blinds are the best! I wonder why more places don't have them up, or maybe they do and I am just not aware of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I've ever heard of blinds that were put up for the public before! It is a great idea though. KVR just updated their spring outlook and the geese are laying eggs. I think the swans moved on?

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.