Friday, April 01, 2022

Fog droplets and Squatching along

Who can pass up a wonderfully misty afternoon? As the fog rolled in and looked absolutely yucky and nasty, Charlie and I took off for a walk in the woods looking for droplets of rain.



I'm going to have to start carrying a magnifying glass, these were so tiny!

I found Black Earth Tongues on an old rotting oak log!


... and here they are!


Very odd looking fungi and I suspect they may have grown last year? I'm not sure, I don't know enough about the world of fungi and mosses to say I know these things. I find them fascinating though.

So you may be bored at seeing moss, lichen, and fungi by now but here is just one more.


Squatch is looking for a new home. He feels this one is too wet.


This one too muddy.


And the hollow in this tree has a mushroom in it so for now he'll just munch along and consider his options.



5 comments:

  1. What miracles of nature Sasquatch found in his travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You found some cool droplets n cute stuff for Squatch pics!! Oh, and those black earth tongues look rather phalic. There seems to be fair amount of resemblance with fungi ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The looking for droplets can distract you from the damp and wet day. Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One more thing, I never get tired of seeing the amazing things you find growing in the forest! Thanks for sharing the wonder!!

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.