Friday, April 08, 2022

Endless days of snow and rain...

There are good things and not so great things about long stretches of cold rainy and snowy days.

The good thing was I worked on some deep cleaning. During the other half's nappy time, I had to be quiet [no vaccum cleaning or killing dust bison]. I moved Charlie's pillow to the new-old Christmas Chair which has had its legs cut off.

When I came back in the living room to mop the floor, I saw this. What a perfect spot for him! He likes the couch better. 




Squatch decided that he needed to build a good shelter. He was tired of cold wet fur and colder chilly nights.  Besides, he had Dog to think of.



He consulted with Doe who was one of the very first toys in my collection. She suggested building one.

A cream cheese container wrapped in cast off aluminum and encased in clay would make a good small cave.



Not exactly a castle, but...


with a fire, it seems pretty cozy. 

And then a neighbor dropped by for conversation, but the fire was so nice and warm....


He fell fast asleep. But his chicken carried on a conversation with Dog.

I made even a bigger mess in the one room I intended to clean up. I need to go back and do some major sorting. Out with the old junk, and in with the new junk?




4 comments:

  1. I get my shop cleaned up and then I go an make one more thing. I need to clean and put away everything all over again. When it gets warmer I will be outside and not in the shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice cave...painted perfectly! Charlie looks comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Squatch is spoiled! First he gets to go hiking with you, then he gets featured in your photos and now you built him a castle fit for a Squatch. Who cares about the mess, you enjoyed yourself and that is what really counts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I didn't intend to build him a cave, it just happened. I couldn't see him and Dog trying to brave all the bad weather!

      The mess can wait until the next yucky day!

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.