Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Mornings


I used to hate getting up in the morning. I used to have trouble sleeping from the rotating and the odd shifts I used to work.

It took me years to get into a good sleep habit. Well, I think it is a good sleep habit. Now I go to bed about the same time each night and wake up at 5AM with no alarm clock.

I'm getting used to the chilly mornings also. My insulated coveralls are generally right next to the porch door along with my hat and gloves. What easier way to take a sunrise walk than to have those items laid out right next to the door?

Below, the moon and the western sky above our cottage. You can see Mica the grey elderly mule standing and watching to see if I head to the shed.


I was surprised yesterday morning by the intense colors that came through the forest while Charlie and I walked up the driveway. It was like the ridge was on fire!


The intensity of the 'red' color was incredible. The bark on the trees along the western edge of the road were literally red colored. I took photos, but the images turned out so red and bizarre, I didn't save them.

This morning's sky was much more subtle and I had fun trying to place that one lone corn stalk properly in the photo. It took me several tries. Charlie was happy to wander the corn field and seek out deer and other critter smells.

I like this time of day. I have it to myself. There are no phone calls, no doctor appointments, or requests from the other half. 


It is my selfish time to sip coffee or take a walk or simply watch the day start. 

I do love the subtle colors of dawn too. I think sometimes too many people concentrate on the vivid dawns and sunsets, and let the subtle and gentle colors go unnoticed.


Charlie thinks mornings are for sniffing and doing dog business. He gave me a grumpy look once I headed back towards home. On the way to the ridge he ran ahead of me. 
On the way home he dragged his feet and walked behind me.

I get it Charlie, I like the mornings too!



6 comments:

  1. Love that cornstalk...well done. I do the same as you but in reverse as my husband is the morning person and I am the late night person...I can be a morning person but only for a few days in a row:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to be a night owl, but now I've become the Early Bird! LOL!

      Delete
  2. Red sky at Morn, Sailor be warned! I wonder why they said that, but maybe that means something different out in the ocean. I must admit, the wind was feisty the day I took those morning shots. The outside door whipped open and broke in two! I phoned the landlord about it. Perhaps that wind was not welcome out at sea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The red skies do refer to winds and nasty winds on any body of water are not favorable. We never boated on a lake with high winds!
      :)

      Delete
  3. Such lovely sunrises!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I thought I had replied to this post. I've noticed my cell phone blog comments are often MIA. The Blogger app and our cell connection are both spotty. I've resorted to only reading posts on my phone. Too bad, phones are so much handier than logging onto a computer.

    Beautiful silhouettes, so thought provoking. YAY for you time!!

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.