Tuesday, November 23, 2021

A picture is worth a thousand....

 words?

Isn't that how the saying goes? Well I thought about that yesterday as I was doing my boring things. I was thinking about how it related to how I write my fun little stories.

I'd gone out and taken quite a few photos when I got Girry the Giraffe. I took the critters and walked around the woods taking shots of them in different scenarios.

I hadn't made anything up in my head yet, but just wanted to have fun using the light and the warm November weather to my advantage. In my mind, the story would start in November, but really get going in the winter months.


Somehow I don't plan. I admit, that is backwards. I write a bit, take some photos, and then the characters seem to find their way and write the story for me.

I had updated the adventure, but got stuck for a bit.

How would these photos fit? I don't have any clue. 



But at least the story went forward and now I have an idea of where the critters may go. I just need to follow them.


After the hunters are done in the woods I can safely follow the Teddy Bears and others as they create their stories.

I just need to follow them.

6 comments:

  1. You will have some great adventures after hunting season! We are done with hunting except for bow hunters and they are not as nuts as the idiots from the Cities with guns:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:45 AM

    A writer friend once told me that in spite of getting frustrated at times by the process that the characters in her head won’t let her quit writing. It sounds like your characters come alive in your head too and your record their story for your readers. Your added talent with photography add a layer of depth to your stories. Thank you for sharing your talents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe. Especially love the first one. There is a story there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girry just needs a shoulder and a listener.
    Love your ideas and the journey to get there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hunters be gone, let the adventures resume!!

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.