Sunday, November 07, 2021

Girry's Adventures begin...

I stopped tumbling around and suddenly it was terribly quiet. I could just barely see out the little air hole in the box. All movement had stopped and I was in a plastic bag of some sort, swinging from a mailbox door.


I wondered what would happen next. I had been told that I was being sent to somewhere where I would be loved. I was a bit curious. The night sounds came to me as dusk settled in. Something  walked past me and I heard a snuffling sound. Off in the distance coyotes called.

I wasn’t afraid. I would be loved and I felt safe inside the box even if it was scary outside the box.


Slowly the night turned into the morning. Just after the sun rose I heard footsteps and the jingle of a little bell. I heard a human exclaim something and then the plastic bag was pulled off.

The box was quickly opened as the voice outside the box read the following:

If you can read this,

then you are under the box

or the box is upside down

and the bear inside is

getting a headache.




I heard laughter that sounded very pleasant as the box was opened. “Oh hello there!” the voice said as I was pulled from the box and set on the ground.






The human person scooped me up and we headed towards the forest.

She set me down and stepped back to look at me.


“Well, well,” she said, “Aren’t you a surprise! And you are not a Bear!”


Behind me a huge black dog approached. I froze in place. I mean what could I do? Was the dog going to rip me apart?


The dog spoke. “Hey, I’m Charlie, who are you?”

“I am Girry. Are you the one that is going to love me?”

Charlie winked and said, “Oh heck no! I chew up toys like you!” He looked towards the human and nodded.
“I think She is the one that will love you.”


I looked up at the human with interest. 

“But She is a grown woman!”


Charlie wagged his tail and replied, “Oh that. Well, you will get used to her. At least you will have a lot of friends. And, she will keep me from chewing you to bits and pieces.”




Should I be afraid or happy? I didn’t know. As She picked me up and stuffed me back inside the box I was curious. What had I gotten into?
A dog that would chew me to bits, a human that wasn't a child, and a huge foresty type place that looked amazing and very wild.

Note: I had a very long dry spell after the Morris Stories. When I opened this box and saw this Giraffe from Vermont Teddy Bear Company, I was sideswiped by a story idea in my head. We will see if it pans out or not.
Anyone who knows me well also knows that I love the act of imaginative playing along with combining a story line.
Who knows where this will lead?

Here is Charlie supervising my play time:







12 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:41 AM

    Oh the Girry is great! I think imaginative play helps keep us sane. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It really helps us stay sane!

      Delete
  2. I can hardly wait for more Girry adventures! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am willing to follow their adventures where ever they lead me!

      Delete
  3. Awww, more Vermont fluff to love. Charlie would never chew him, look at that innocent face!! Have fun creating & going on Girry adventures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, yes, .. I sure was not expecting that. I looked at their stuff on their website. The Zombie teddy was pretty cool and strange!

      Delete
  4. I was wondering where that story was going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I am not sure where it will go...I will follow the critters as the stories unfold.

      Delete
  5. I have stories in my brain all the time while I ride my bike, sew on buttons... all kinds of skits and stories pop in there. Sadly, I forget most of them. And if I do remember them, I do not have the time or the motivation to put them down in writing. Thankfully the blog acts as my writing "catch all". Gotta jot down those thoughts when they arise. and if you can expand on them.. even better. (OH! November is National Novel Writing Month! 50,000 words in 30 days! It is a goal that I achieved at least once in my life time. Don't thing I will be getting there anytime soon these days though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is neat, my friend suggested I record those thoughts on my cell phone. I suppose it does have that function!
      You should let your imagination flow into words!

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.