Friday, November 26, 2021

Making a righteous mess!

I always start out with a big mess in a tiny room. There are two huge bins of stuff and each year I sort it and try to do something different.



The snow men are a new addition to my collection of 'stuff'. I have no idea what the dragon is doing there, however she seems to be looking at the tipsy snow man that has the Jack Daniels bottle. Obviously the other snow men think it is funny. 

Santa looks peeved.



The mess is starting to come alive. I stopped there and quit for a while. I had no idea what I wanted to do.



Charlie as usual decided to help. He spotted the bigger snowmen in the box and thought perhaps I should give them to him as chew toys. To his credit, he left them alone.

Another start and stop. I decided the snowmen and polar bears should have a igloo. I covered a gourd with foil for a shape and used Sculpey Air Dry Clay to make an igloo.

It is still drying! 
Talk about doing stuff on the fly. However. I'm never really in a big rush for getting things decorated. 
We almost never have any guests even pre pandemic so basically this is just for my enjoyment. I say my because I think hubby just tolerates my antics. He smiles and says It looks nice when I ask his opinion. 

I do a lot of experimenting and a lot of re-arranging. I'll set something up and after a week, I'll change it. I need to keep things interesting.

So I leave it here, with my fairly ugly mess of things. The igloo was finished today.




I see that the Elf on the Shelf decided to get in on things.

I don't think his choice of partners was a wise one....


But he doesn't look too worried!

Please feed the dinosaurs before working with them!

8 comments:

  1. If not for yourself, then do it for the blog! Having something to blog about is part of the fun doing artsy things and adventures. Larry from http://ldeanb.blogspot.com/ sets up very elaborate Christmas scenes. Antiques are one of his passions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative igloo and vignette! I love the drunk snowman!!! I am currently at the first few boxes in the middle of the living room stage. I am in my chair staring at them, wondering why I started this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished the igloo yesterday and I get the sitting in a chair and staring at the boxes and bins. It is a big job. Eventually my MIL had me do all of her decorating. It was fun. She sat in her chair and directed me!
      LOL!

      Delete
  3. Your big mess looks nothing like the big messes I make! Great idea on the Igloo!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a tiny house so I guess the mess is smaller! :)

      Delete
  4. I work and re-work a lot too, part of the creative process. I never got into Elf on the Shelf, but it is fun to see what others do with them. There are a lot of naughty elves out there! Charlie looks sooo innocent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked putting Elf on the Shelf out with dinosaurs, zombies, and all sorts of very strange situations. I'd have liked it if they were actually posable. Sigh.

      Charlie has been good! He hasn't grabbed any stuffed animal at all. Just sniffed them.
      :)

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.