Wednesday, June 09, 2021

Hot Humid days

Gosh when the fog in the morning rolls up out of the woods and inches across the land ... you know it is going to be one of those hot and humid days.

Charlie has nagged me each day to take a walk. We are okay as long as we stick to the heavily canopied woods but walking out on the gravel road is like subjecting ourselves to an oven. I imagine more so for Charlie who really is close to the hot ground. It literally takes only minutes for his tongue to drop out and for him to start panting. He gives me a sideways look as if to say "Get me outta here!"

I generally find a deer path and go into the woods.

Now super hot muggy awful icky days are also pretty darned good for Infrared photos.
I don't like walking in the valleys when it is so miserably hot as there is no breeze.

But I've found a way around that. I can create my own special kind of breeze.


I put a water bottle on the bike and one in my waist pack along with my little pointy shooty IR camera and away I go.





Those puffy clouds and blue skies really make for interesting patterns.

Today we had an amazing sunrise with fog.

I took this with no filter but edited the color from bright flaming red to this. I just liked the shapes and tones.


Being a total goofball, I decided that I'd just see what I could come up with in Infrared.  This was just before the sun came over the trees.


The shot below is zoomed in. Not sure if it is better or not, I was just intrigued by the fog that was moving through the old pasture.


I wonder afterwards if this would have looked much better in black and white. I can always edit them that way but I think the 'blue' wouldn't have shown up as the 850nm filter wouldn't have picked up the light reflection of the leaves.

Looking at the black and white converted version, I think I like it better. Less distraction of colors and more emphasis on layers.


Off I go. They are coming to put in the new flooring today. I think it will be a dusty mess and it is too hot to be outside for Rich.

I'm tickled pink over the thought of a 'new' floor!


4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:22 PM

    I love the sunrise picture and the clouds, my favorite is the bike. Oh the places you can go and the things you can see on the bike and then share your magic world with us. :). Excited for you to have the new floors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like that bike! I really love the fact I can ride and just pull over when I see something interesting.
      The floor is in and it is amazing!

      Delete
  2. How did I miss all your posts?! Sorry. Apparently I've been busy lately? I like the tree photo edit! Looks safari-ish. I think I would tip over if I carried my camera on my bike lol. I need a new helmet, and then maybe I'll try...biking. It is a great way to create a breeze!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah! You have a life and you stay busy! I didn't have a ton of stuff to do but think up silly posts!

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.