Thursday, May 27, 2021

Clean and purge. Uh oh..

So Blogger.com is angry with me? I don't get it. I can't post a photo and I've done everything possible. Message: Sorry! An unexpected error occurred while processing your selection.  Please try again later.

👀👅💣💥 however I can post emoji's ... ahem...

So what to do on a COLD and rainy day???

🌦🌧⛆

Time to purge and clean things in the house again.

I have to clear out the tiny living room so the flooring guys can rank the carpeting and put in the nice pretty flooring. I like to think far ahead and get things ready instead of waiting for the last minute.

We have to move the hutch and this huge a$$ed Trunk that Rich had packed plum or is it Plumb?... full of aged memorabilia. His High School Purple sweater from when he was 16, it was one his mom was going to attach his sport 'letters' to. No way it would fit him now.

Then there were those horrid looking teddy bears that look like something Hollywood would use in a horror movie.😱 [ no photo so use your imagination! these bears should be photographed in a scary place...hmmmmmmm...my tiny brain just got an idea]


Every baseball he ever used in high school when he was pitching. I think they were game balls or something. I set the balls out on the table. 

Geeze, I nearly said I 'set' his balls on the table.

Anyway. He was able to tell me the significance of each baseball. Then we moved to a box of photos of his family from a gazillion years ago. His father's baby photo! 
So I went through each photo and ID'd the people on the back. These are folks I have never seen and who were great grandmas, uncles, aunts, and homes from long ago. It was fun for him to tell me who the people were. 
I may pass these to his daughter eventually. 
Not the [base] balls though.

I got permission to toss the purple sweater and some magazines from over 30 years ago. He wanted to keep them and I asked 'what for'. I kept the ones that featured my photos and articles but tossed the rest. 

Old videos. Old family video tapes that were poor quality back then and re-recorded so many times that they were blurry and snowy. I imagine age has not improved them.

I'd like to get rid of the trunk as it takes up floor space that we really could use much better. Alas. He is very attached to it. The table we sit at is likewise too large to fit in our eating area, but it was a hand me down from his Grandmother. So it stays. 

After cleaning the trunk, I moved my books and other pieces of stuff upstairs. Then I sat upstairs and went through my junk. I have 3 of those reusable cloth shopping bags full of items I am tossing. I have another box packed and ready to send of to the younger grand kids with some toys.

I have one more box of Carousel Horse music boxes. I think I will see if any of my CrossFit friends have little girls that would like them. 

The strangest item I could not let go of was a rock. It was a rock I picked up in 1996. There is a long story behind that piece of rock. It stays. I will return it one day from where I took it. 


4 comments:

  1. You're "almost" ball comment made me chuckle. I bet Rich enjoyed reminiscing about his trunk treasures with you. You are good at letting stuff go. I am my mothers child and struggle in that general area. As far as not being able to post photos, perhaps wait and try again another time. Blogger seems to be having odd access moments lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blogger issues seem to work, I messed around before I went to CrossFit and it allowed me to put some photos in.
      When I got divorced I moved out with only a few items and clothes. When I moved here, my dresser fit in one side of the horse trailer and the rest of my belongings which were 3 boxes and clothes were in my Toyota Corolla. Rich took Cheyanne and my dresser in his trailer.
      Less feels like more unless it is camera stuff of course!

      Delete
  2. I bet the rock is going back to the Big Island:0
    Blogger told me the same thing yesterday then late at night the problem was resolved, I complained earlier in the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rock was from the bottom of the bluff where I was the other day.

      Going back to the Big Island is something I want to do so badly.

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.