Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Kids and Equine

Yesterday I did...  another 'Thing'.

I brought home 2 youngsters for a visit. Remember my visit with my coach's kids and their little pony in July?

Well today I got to have them for a few hours after CrossFit and Mobility Class. 
The girls are 7 and 9. They wanted to meet my mules and ride.


I will let this video speak for itself.

It is 2:39 long. The older sister has some experience and the younger sister is gaining confidence with her sisters help.
Both girls did very well!





The girls had a great time and even enjoyed visiting with Rich. Rich watched from the house and complimented them on their riding.

After a late lunch, we went for a hike in the woods to check the mule's forest fence and the girl's spent some time on my home made swing.




The youngest one fell sound asleep on our ride back to town where I returned them to their mom.

I'd forgotten how fun it is to have younguns around to 'play' with.

We'll probably arrange for another visit soon or make it a once a month thing. I could really enjoy that and these kids were polite, sweet, engaging, kind, and very well behaved. Kudos to mom!



12 comments:

  1. What a fun day for you all! I bet they talk about the day for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were ready to come back today! Hah!

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful day! Those girls are cutie patooties! I loved them with the mules. I would imagine you might have been as tired as they were. What fun. Glad Rich enjoyed them too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh! I did go to bed early! But I also had two hours at the gym before I brought them home with me! LOL!

      Delete
  3. It looked like the mules didn't mind the light weights. It was cute to see how well the older girl led the mule around. Quality time and they apprecaited it I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The older sister was verbally talking her sister through how to turn Siera and make her walk. It was amazing. My mules really do like children.

      Delete
  4. Anonymous7:39 PM

    How sweet! Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are fearless! This looks like a wonderful way to spend a day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Gracie has had some experience, more than I expected out of a 9 year old! They are fearless kids raised by a fearless mom and 8 siblings!

      Delete
  6. It's so satisfying to have equines who can give kids a bestest day. Beamer is my go to horse for that, he too loves kids.
    The girls did really well! I'm sure they will be pestering their mom to come back regularly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have an old pony who is rather stubborn. The older girl has had a bit of experience and is pretty good at handling nice equine!
      They actually will bug me when they see me at the gym. I'll work something out as they were fun to have over.

      Delete
  7. Love everything about this!!

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.