Thursday, September 14, 2023

Help me out~

Last year I did the Photo Contest at Kickapoo Valley Reserve. I had to submit 3 photos to their gallery and the public would vote on a photo.

I didn't ask friends to go vote like other contestants did, I just wanted to see if the photos if I'd get anything on my own merit.

I did when a tie place for second and I was tickled to find that out. It was one of my favorite shots of the past year when I had gone hiking on a full moon foggy night.


This was the winner of $50! Woooo hoo!


I am picking from these ones to submit this year:


1.

2.

3.

4.


5.

6.

7.


I definitely want to do just one of the fog photos, and really love the Trumpeter Swans. 

The tree is Maple Tree with a Tag on it and is considered an Icon of the Blackhawk Woods. The coyote and I saw each other on the trail one morning and I thought it was cool.

The last one is a view of one of the most used trails in the reserve and it looked like a trail into a mystical late fall scene.

What ones do you like?

I'm going out tonight to see if I can't 'catch' the last glimpse of the Milky Way before it decides to leave our part of the sky.

Last night I practiced setting up the camera and taking a few shots so I'd be better prepared for this evening...Hopefully!



Thanks in advance for your help!!!

14 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:59 PM

    1,5,6and 7 are my favorites. 5 and 6 are so dramatic! Show us what you get tonight. Lori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, everyone is so helpful!!!!

      Delete
  2. Anonymous7:20 PM

    Val, #6 and #7. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. #3, #6 and #7 are my personal favorites, but I wish I could vote for every one! Your photos are outstanding!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I do think #7 is definitely a winner by everyone's standards.

      Delete
  4. Anonymous7:45 AM

    #4 and #7 are my favorites! RHill, TX

    ReplyDelete
  5. #!, #3, #5,#7 are all very good! If I had to pick one...the iconic tree is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. #7 is the standout IMO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I kept going back to that one for many reasons!

      Delete
  7. Oh jeez, I meant to choose the last foggy photo # 6!! Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1, 3, 6, and 7 are my top picks but all of them are great. Judging can be so funny by peoples personal ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is funny how we all personally like different things but thank you so much!

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.