Thursday, September 28, 2023

I 'yam a Farming Dog!

 Guest Blog by Twila

Charlie says I am a Wild Child and I don't know much about much. Maybe he is right because HE is an OLD dog like anciently or something. 
The Grandma says I am still a pup since I am just like a year into this world.

But I like sticks and The Grandma gave me a huge one that I can play with in the yard.


Day Two of my Grandma-Grandpa Camp visit went well. We hiked in the Big Woods again and took what The Grandma called the One Mile Loop. I don't know what a Loop is and I don't need to know.


Charlie and I investigated some smells in a dry run full of leaves. He told me about all the animals that had passed through this place in the hours before we came. We investigated for a long time, following scents on the ground and in the air.

Even though Charlie is VERY old [he says he isn't], he knows stuff so it is good to hang out with him.


He knows these woods like it is his yard. Well, he claims these woods are his because he marks as many trees as he can to claim them.


There were things falling from the trees and making noise everywhere. Charlie told me that they were acorns and that we could watch for squirrels.
I know squirrels! I would like to chase them!

There were chipmunks too that kept teasing us. 


The Grandma was interested in all the cool fungi showing up on the wood and sticks. I didn't bother picking any up as the other smells were much more enchanting.


I was a really good dog. The Grandma said so! When she wanted to look at something little, she told me to sit and I did! 
I will tell you a secret. She keeps tiny little dog biscuits in a plastic bag in her pocket. When she rattles the plastic Charlie and I run to sit in front of her.

Here I posed for a photo for Mom and Dad. A tiny biscuit was my reward. Aren't I adorable?


We were tired when we got in the house and ready for dog naps. Good thing too! It rained and rained and rained.

After naps, The Grandma said it was time for one more walk to the ridge. I don't know what a ridge is either, but Charlie said it was an open area where were could see far if we were tall. Charlie IS not Tall!






After our Big Ridge Walk we came home and had our supper. 

...and more naps.



The Grandma said that Charlie and The Grandpa would get a break from me on Thursday. She thought I'd like to go do a real trail at some place with her.  Charlie said he'd stay home and rest because his little legs were tired and dealing with a kid was stressful so he need quiet time.

Oh!
I got to see something called mules last night too. I helped The Grandma do chores even though it was a bit awkward. 
The mules just stared at me and didn't snort or anything. I just stared at them and smelled them. I sat next to The Grandma and watched them while they ate.

I would like to taste their poop. Charlie says it is delightful.

I like being a Farming Dog!



10 comments:

  1. Twila isn't going to want to leave! The photo of the snuggled up together is so cute. Twila, all the dogs I've had would verify Charlie's judgement on manure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I bet she'll go nuts when she sees her humans again. She will probably need a rest from all the extra activity we've had.
      Yes it is a known country doggy fact. Horse manure is tasty and frozen manure is a wonder to play with! LOL!

      Delete
  2. Looks like Twila is enjoying her stay! Charlie is training her well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His confidence does help her in certain odd ways. And HE is so polite to her!

      Delete
  3. Twila is having a great visit. She could fit right in to the farm in the future. Charlie probably does need some down time from company.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did enjoy his quiet time, thanks! Twila is very smart and sometimes too darned smart!

      Delete
  4. Poor Charlie! Company exhausted him! Looks like Twila had a great time, nice photos of her! A new baby how exciting for everyone!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Charlie took a day or 3 hours off from Twila. Hubby even let Charlie nap with him in our bed!

      Delete
  5. What a fun Grandma-Grampa Camp! Twila is having the time of her life! New adventures every day! So fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes she is having a good time and is happy which was the goal. She is smart and settled into our household routine within one day.

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.