Tuesday, August 01, 2023

Goings On!


Well I talked to the Insurance Adjustor yesterday. Her name is Jeanine and we've had one other occasion to talk about my car about 2 years ago. A Woodchuck chewed through my transmission line on that claim!
She remembered me and that claim because it was so odd.

She asked how it happened and I explained. She wanted to know how bad was it... and could I drive it? Apparently she has handled concrete vs vehicle claims where the underside of the car has been covered and the car is a total loss!

She concurred that my poor 'Ru had to see a professional for clean up and that it is covered under Comprehensive coverage.
The estimate for this? $2,500.
I think I am the lucky one. I'd had to think how the other car that splashed me turned out.

Jeanine said if another Very Strange Auto Claim came past her desk, the first thing she would do is to see if it belonged to me. She said she still refers to the Woodchuck Attack once in a while just for laughs.



Meanwhile...

The Wild Teddy Bears decided they better check out Frank's bulldozer.


I'm glad they couldn't figure out how to run it!
 

Hey Percy, let's check this out!


Chance, you do the pedals, 
I'll do the stick things...


This is so much cooler
than that bike!
Where should we go?


The work started yesterday. Frank cleaned out all the culverts and reshaped the waterways for run off. 




He graded the area by our back door and is putting in a gravel parking area.


I spoke with Frank and let him know that my neighbor probably had a small job for him to do before he was done at my place with the dozer. 
Frank thanked me for the referral. He was pleased as my new neighbor asked Frank to also grade and gravel his driveway too.

The final cost will be pretty pricey, however the lower driveway has seen one load of gravel in 26 years. The cost of maintaining the driveway all of these years has been very minimal. I want to have the whole thing done properly and hopefully it will last a long time.


Okay, the driveway rehab is pretty boring stuff. But I feel rather accomplished. This sort of job was always referred to Rich as he was the one who always negotiated these things. There were a lot of guys I could have called for this job, but I felt that the work should go to the fellow that was maintaining my driveway through the winter too.




8 comments:

  1. This is actually interesting, especially since you threw the work to the faithful guy who been there for you all winter, and brought him a new customer too. You're good people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Ru will be as good as new I hope!
    Having the driveway done is important and not at all boring to this person who used to run equipment and build driveways!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the insurance company has been helpful. Hope all ends well. We are doing a lot of that expensive, necessary work around here in the last few years. Our theory is that doing it right and using the right people means we won't have to deal with it again in this lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a LONG driveway! It looks really good. I hope your car comes back like new.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, that is a very long driveway! The car still is here and no word back from the insurance company. Yawn. I'll call them if I haven't heard by Monday.
      I am hoping that I won't have to deal with more work on the driveway for many years...or as long as I live here now.

      Delete
  5. Good looking driveway! I know how expensive dirt work can be but so worth it especially in the spring! Good to hear that the Insurance company will take care of fixing your car! I wonder how long they will need it in the shop...hope they have a loner for you or that the Insurance will cover rental!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Dozer work is pretty pricey as well as the finishing work. But I think it was worth it. I won't have to deal with washouts and hopefully mud for a long time now!

      Delete
  6. We always had gravel roads in our area in southern Iowa. The regular roads were all gravel too. My dad would hire dozers to make ponds for him.

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.