Monday, August 21, 2023

Just Hot





When this icon comes up on my NOAA page I know they mean Hot Hot as in nasty hot. Humid miserable hot.

When the weather service starts to add in that Heat Index, I usually swoon and melt. I don't like the humid heat. Who does? I mean I can only take off so many clothes. Even nekked, its uncomfortable.

Going Nekked might just get arrested. And where would I pocket my keys anyway???

However, that said, we are able to appreciate the mini split right now. I set it to dehumidify and it has kept the house cold! That said, our house sits on top of a sandstone formation which keeps the concrete slab cold. 

Any....way...

That said, I do love misty mornings. I took off for a walk through the woods this morning so I would end up at the mailbox and retrieve Saturday's mail. The air was thick.




Thankfully, Saturday, our hay arrived. This should last all winter and perhaps leave me a bale to start out next fall with.

Darryl brings it on a flatbed and then hubby unloads it and puts it away. Last year I ordered more but I had two more mouths to feed over winter. This year it will be less.


I discovered that I can take both girls out a once and let them graze in the yard for a little while.

They don't try to go anywhere and seem to enjoy getting a little extra attention. 


Now I am just getting the critters moved to areas where everyone can get into shade and take any advantage of any breezes. I'll freshen their stock tanks and cross my fingers.

The air temp on Wednesday and Thursday are set to be 100 to 102 degrees. The 'heat index' is supposed to be much warmer, but who counts that after 100?

Here is hoping everyone has a place to stay cool and safe.


The weather service just posted the Excessive Heat Warning. It shows up as a banner across the top of my cell phone.





8 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:52 AM

    Please don't send your weather this way. Those temps and the high humidity would not be good for me. I am still waiting for my hay....hope to get it soon. Hope things cool down. Lori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it doesn't come your way...

      Delete
  2. Love that second photo.
    That's just stupid hot!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that Wednesday is the warmest day for us...90 something. I do not like hot humid weather. Thank goodness for AC and I bet you are enjoying yours too! Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are in the same boat. I am so tired of this. This is the worst summer of my memory. I hope to not melt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great read today. Yes, after 100 degrees it doesn't matter high high it is. The word thick is the right word as the humidity blast into as you walk out into it. I bet the mules love being in the yard and think they are special. Take care and keep a few clothes on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first day of school is Wednesday and that is the start of our 90-100 degree days without factoring in the humidity. I feel so bad for the teachers and students and so grateful we have a heavy duty window ac.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first day of school is the 22nd here too. I wonder how it will go for many students and if schools can stay cool enough!

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.