Saturday, August 12, 2023

Tracking a Package from USPS

This package started in Madison, WI. 

It went to 

Oak Creek, WI for two days to be processed.

Then to...

Milwaukee, WI

then back to

Madison, WI

then to

Minneapolis, MN

then to

St. Paul, MN

then to

Duluth, MN

then back to 

St. Paul, MN

then to

LaCrosse, WI

then to

our local post office.


This was a package with medications in it sent from the Veteran's Administration that started its travel on the 8th. I have found that with packages like this, I now sign into USPS and get updates on tracking the package. I've followed packages before and watched while they spent a few days in a distribution center.

I can't imagine what the postal system is like. I mean how do they figure where the package is going and keep it all straight?

It almost seems that when I track it, the package actually travels to its destination quickly once I sign up for all the notifications that are sent. 

Or perhaps it is all my imagination.

That said, it sure seems like that package took the longest and most inefficient route to our post office and then home. It was mailed from a place that is a 2 hour drive from our place.


Make you wonder right?




6 comments:

  1. It makes me wonder if something was flawed on their scan and the computers kept getting confused about it. I know my wife tracks stuff and it too goes way out of the way in opposite directions before it gets here. Things we send to our son in Maine seems to always hit a wall and it lands in a warehouse for a long batch of days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What baffles me is when packages get into a loop, pistoning back and forth between two places before breaking free then continuing the journey. I'm guessing computer program glitch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend had a non essential Amazon package which was shipped USPS. It got to a larger town near us in our state and then was sent 3 states away. Took 2 days to get back here.
    I agree with L. D. Our packages tend to sit in a warehouse in a large city in a state next door to us for days and days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything slowed down & patterns changed when Madison started sending all mail through Milwaukee. I can only imagine how many packages are scanned/rerouted at each location etc.

    Glad your package finally arrived.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This doesn't make any sense.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They always hold my yarn hostage in West Fargo ND for days and days:(

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.