Monday, July 31, 2023

July is done!

 


July was intense. 

Dry, smokey, moody, dusty.


We had company, we had drought, we had storms and we had intense heat.


We mowed the yard for the first time in July on the 24th. Since then we have had some rains and some parts of our state and the surrounding Midwest had intense storms.

I went on two kayaking trips and decided it was something I would love to do A lot more. I even went on line to learn more via reviews. I'd definitely love to get Charlie to go with me. He would need a lifejacket. After all, I taught him to ride the 4 wheeler with me, so perhaps we can manage a kayak together.

Most of my outdoor activity was in the early morning or late evenings. I managed to ride for a little bit almost each night [except when it was unbearably hot].


August is looming around the corner. What does it have in store for us?

Shorter days and the thought of entering fall? Hot and dry or cooler and wet? Who knows?






I can't stop time, so I will make the best of August and prepare for what follows.



5 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:44 PM

    Such gorgeous photos!!! Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Lori, beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, even though July was hot and dry, we ended up with some beauty around us.

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.