Wednesday, July 26, 2023

I got "Karened"

 


For real. I got yelled at for pulling into a pump to get gas. 

Apparently the 'Karen' decided that I was in her way. I had to pull in so I could fill the tank on my passenger side which meant I had to pull in and go nose to nose with her vehicle.

She came out of the gas station store with her bag of goodies and started to yell at me and gesture. Apparently there was no reverse on her vehicle?

I don't know. I just gave her my best sweaty stare and listened her to chew me out and tell me that I shouldn't have blocked HER car and that I was inconsiderate.

I waited until she was done yelling and asked if there was an R in her vehicle. That meant 'Reverse', and maybe she could use that? I shrugged and then said nicely that if she wanted to wait, I could use my reverse and then she could drive through.

She said I was rude and despicable.

I said, "Thank you. You have a nice day also."

Maybe she was just having a really bad day. 

5 comments:

  1. I went to a public forum on a special election issue in my state and the Karen in front of me kept yelling at me to shut up when I was talking to a friend before it started. She whipped out her camera and took my picture. Little did she know I was pretty excited about my good hair day. And she was a little upset when I whipped out my camera and took 50 pictures of her. I guess her hair wasn't as nice as mine came out!
    Thank you for kindly explaining the use of the "R" to her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Odd that people seem to go Off at the slightest things these days.
      LOL...I was not having a good hair day at all, I'd just got out of the gym and was sweaty!

      Delete
  2. Entitlement. Not very lovely, is it. You were great, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go girl! You were nice and polite...which makes them even madder. I think they want a reaction :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The best defense is to play it cool and let them act lick a blank blank fool.

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.