Sunday, January 22, 2023

The Wander-er

 I have a lot of catching up to do. 

This week we had ice on Monday, snow and sleet on Wednesday. Charlie and I headed out in the morning to visit the Forest/Rock Garden. I've finally figured out that this little place is perfect for tall shade plants, but it takes a lot of work



The old Christmas Chair. I may decide to bring that back to the house for next year. The seat is split and it is very weathered, just how I like it. Right now, it is on a tiny rock bluff that overlooks the neighbor's woods west of us.


The photo below is of the Buckthorn Woods. The trees are horrible and invasive, but have been there for nearly 20 years or so. The deer love being in there. I put my trail camera back up after having it in another spot for the last few months.
It generally picks up deer napping right in front of the camera. The trail here is used by all woodland creatures.


Our neighbor and plow guy came Thursday morning and cleaned up our place. He sent another fella out to sand our hill and in front of the house. I am grateful that he agreed to plow for us this winter. It sure took a lot of worry off my mind. 

Charlie and I headed out for a mile walk. For a little dog, he has a lot of energy that needs to be spent. I'm trying to keep track of how far I hike right now just out of curiosity.

This particular day, I only hiked one mile of hills and the creek. The snow was soft and mushy and would have clumped up in ice chunks under my snowshoes. The workout was worth the effort.

Now I'm trying something a bit different and I am not exactly sure if this is the best method. I need to know from the readers if this is interesting or not....
this ends up being something like 23 seconds. It is sort of fun and funky.
I downloaded a trial of Corel Video Studio after trying several time to get MovieMaker from Microsoft which used to be free. 
Now they want a monthly fee or yearly fee. 

I have been taking a few more videos with my Olympus camera and thought this might work for mixing panorama videos of areas with some photos. Meh. I'm not too sure about it.


I don't always want to watch a video when reading blogs, but this seems to be the new-ish trend. I can see where learning the program could be fun with more creative ideas.

I did a lot more Wandering this week. I hiked back to the Lost Valley, Hidden Valley, or The Back Valley which is a 3 mile snowshoe trek on Friday. I haven't been back there in over a year.

That was a neat discovering adventure. Saturday I wandered the west bank of the Kickapoo River and found some amazing sites.

Those updates will come later. 

I am finding my winter groove in Exploring and it brings me so much peace.


Let me know how you feel about the vid. I have a LOT to learn, but during those long cold dreary days of winter, it could be a new creative skill to learn.


Have a Great Sunday.



10 comments:

  1. It's a very well done video, camera moving slowly enough for us to watch, unlike a lot of beginner videos with the camera moving at warp speed, ew! That said, I often skip videos anywhere they're inserted into text, blogs or otherwise. I may be in a minority here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do sometimes too, but it helps if the person inserting the video says how long it is. That way I can manage my time better.

      That was a template that I just picked and then dropped the photos into and hit save. I was pleased how it came out.

      Delete
  2. I liked the video. Who did the carving on the trees? What a spectacular place it is you call home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those faces are items I bought and then placed a screw or nail in the tree. The one with flowers can actually be used as a flower pot or grow a live plant in. I just went with colorful cheap flowers for fun.

      It is a spectacular place, thanks.

      Delete
  3. The video was great. Rather than looking at photos lined up in a row one can see them blend into one after another. My winter adventure was not so exciting as I shoveled snow. I like hearing and seeing all your hikes. I hope the little guy doesn't get to worn out. I worry about little dogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Don't worry about Charlie, when he gets tired he just sits down, then I carry him. He loves the snow and he is in very good physical shape. The vet said he was very muscular!
      I thought he wouldn't be very good at hiking when I got him as a pup.
      He just loves it.
      :)

      Delete
  4. You did a nice job creating your video. I have always preferred looking at photos. I can enlarge and spend time looking at the photos that interest me vs seeing actual photos in motion as shapes/spin/fade/dissolve/morph/push etc. Gets old in a hurry. Not talking real time action video's, those definitely serve a purpose.

    Agreed, it is helpful to know the length of time of any video or movie.

    With that said, Movie Clips are fun to create. I remember the not so fun stone age days of working with motion using Adobe Flash and Fireworks. Everything digital has advance and been made so much easier these days.

    Have fun creating photo clips! It is your blog. Feel free to include whatever visuals to YOUR liking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:40 PM

    I liked it. I like your words too.
    Kaye
    Park City, UT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked the video, you photos are awesome and it is a good way to showcase many of them in a short amount of time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I 'll use it once in a while, it was fun to do, but so much to learn!

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.