Saturday, January 28, 2023

My Little Rock Star!

 My little dog, Charlie can be either very active or totally the cuddler. Here he is negotiating a deer trail in deep snow. The snow is about 6 inches or so deep so he keeps to the trails that are already trampled.


He is wearing his Hi-Vis Vest which he absolutely hates but tolerates. When we were done with our morning walk I had to shake snowballs out of the vest from under his chest.

Being a low rider, he gathers snow easily in his vest. [10 seconds]


We went out a little later to enjoy a glimpse of sunlight and I didn't use the vest, it was still drying on a rack.

Charlie had his mind on hunting mice and voles.

Mice and voles make little tunnels in the snow and Charlie watches the tunnels to see if they are moving then dives in.

Tunnels in the snow:




Charlie in the snow, enjoying it.


And then he was too busy to pay attention to me, all of his attention was in finding the mice.




Charlie rarely gets cold, he has a very thick hound dog coat from his parents.

He does get cold on those below zero days, his feet get cold so of course we don't hike together on those days. He assists my husband in taking naps by burrowing into the blankets next to him when the weather is bad.

He is also a most excellent cuddler. He gets that from his mom who was a Pekinese.

No mice or voles were harmed in these photos. 😀


11 comments:

  1. Charlie is an entertaining rock star! Too cute how he buries his entire face in the snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he is trying to smell them, he does this in the garden too when he finds a vole or mouse hole. He digs and shoves his head in the hole and sniffs.

      Delete
  2. Nice vest! He is a mover!! Way to go Charlie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The vest is great but he scoops up snow because he is so short! :) At least I don't have to look hard for him while he wears it!

      Delete
  3. Charlie is a trooper! I had Basset Hounds so I have experience with low-riders. They may be low but they can be mighty! Charlie is multifaceted, explore AND cuddle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed they can. I had the vet tell me that too many people underestimate little dogs and don't let them Be Dogs. Charlie sure has been a great wonder to us.

      Delete
  4. Anonymous5:33 PM

    A rock star indeed....and such a cutie.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:00 PM

    What a sweet and strong dog you have. The other day day I actually had to stop in my car because I saw a vole running across the road. Kaye

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is pretty tough considering his stature. However, he enjoys his life so much!

      Delete
  6. I like the vest and I really like seeing your dog have such a good time. We had a small white poodle that loved the beach and hew would dig holes in the sand just because. He would be so dirty when he was done and he had sand all in his mustache.

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.