Friday, June 17, 2022

Do Something




Instead I decided to take a morning drive and a morning walk into the deep woods.


Charlie came with me to supervise. We went down and walked along Readscreek which is known to the locals as Black Bottom not Readscreek.
I shot it in Infrared Chrome. 





The sunrise was not exactly spectacular however the light across the cropland was amazing. The low light accentuated the landscape.
The sunlight highlighted the land's gentle undulations.


I was simply stunned by the beauty of the land. I turned the Subaru off and got out of the car with Charlie. He thought the deer scents were more awesome than the scenery. I just took it all in.



I had this part of the day to myself. 
The landscape was taking my breath away...




Since Monday I'd been having a rough time with 'things'. That is all I will say.

I looked down at Charlie and said, "Two wrongs don't make a right, but three do."
He tipped his head at me and then I said. 

"If nothing is going right, let's go Left."

I dropped him off at home and headed down into the forest valley.  I dropped down through the thick woods and stood near the creek. It was steeped in darkness still. The sun was just beginning to shine down through the canopy through the creek fog.


I noticed some golden oyster mushrooms and decided to walk around the back of the tree to take a close look at them.


What I didn't expect was to see this...



The oyster mushrooms were releasing spores. And it was like watching a slow moving ballet of particles.

I was stunned. 
I couldn't move [other than to take some photos that is. I should have videoed it...].

Wow. Just.
Incredible.

This was what it was like to be

Alive

and then...
all felt right again.

6 comments:

  1. Great way to work through things and put them in perspective, with your buddy by your side. Super cool steamy mushroom shots!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow those mushrooms are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't think of a better way to quiet yourself and work through things. I have never seen mushrooms do that, amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photography is always so awesome. Gosh, the capture of the spores!!
    I hope things settle down and go better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful pics. We once saw the spores being released off of a huge Dryad Saddle. It was back lit by the morning sun and looked magical. What a find! After a sight like that, I'm sure the soul will back to calm and normal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:15 PM

    Once again your photos are gorgeous. Getting out sure seems to give you a good lift. Hope everything is ok.

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.