Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Really it is cold

I must be getting used to it I guess because I waited until it was only -3 to head out and do chores. The sun hadn't topped the trees yet but I had some things to get done and three mules were staring at the house.

I imagine they were mind melding with me and sending me mental photos of yummy hay. 

I'd just let Charlie out and he had done a refusal until my stocking foot pushed him out the door. He looked rather upset with me and walked over to one of my very cool porch rocks and proceeded to pee on it.

He trotted back to the door. I let him in. He jumped up onto his blankets on the couch and gave me a look as if to say, 'there I peed, happy?
I shall ignore YOU!'



I shook my finger at him and told him he needed to get out in the yard and bless that chunk of a stump I'd put out there just for pee purposes. NOT my fossil rocks! He closed his eyes.

I got out a hat and scarf figuring that Charlie would need to bundle up.

He was soooo not impressed.


Next I said I'd get him a face mask so he wouldn't get chilled.

Again.
He was not impressed.



However, by late afternoon he was all in on going for a walk.


He likes snow and doesn't mind it as long as....

there is a trail...


and he doesn't have to wade through it...



When you have 3 inch legs, a fresh snowfall can certainly be hard on a little fella.

Note: Thank you Charlie for being such a willing little guy to put up with my shenanigans and join me on my winter walks. I do pick him up on trails like these so he doesn't get cold.

What a good boy.

8 comments:

  1. That photo of Charlie with the hat & scarf LOL!! What a good sport.

    No walkee for our dogs today, and definitely not tmr. Even Tanks legs started to freeze up on the way back from the barn (plowed driveway). Legs are very exposed on Labs. I don't mind the break. Visually our woods have been kinda same 'ol same 'ol lately. Makes me appreciate them more next time I am out and about, especially if it snows/gets icy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlie did the 3 legged dog thing for a bit yesterday and I carried him with me. No way could you carry Tank!
      Even with everything covered up, there is no way I should chance getting hurt in this cold.
      I'll work on some indoor projects for the next two days!

      Stay warm!

      Delete
  2. Anonymous5:35 PM

    You captured some great expressions on Charlie. Who's a good boy? Charlie is a good boy.��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Charlie is a charmer. I am lucky we picked each other!

      Delete
  3. I'm with Charlie - I have not stepped foot outside in 3 days! Brrrrr. Tomorrow a high of 12 so I am braving a trip to the grocery store in my car with heated seats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you just love heated seats? I dug my car out of the snow where the neighbor sorta plowed it in yesterday and took it for a trash run and warmed it up. We may have a heat wave soon!
      20 degrees F on Thursday?
      Bathing suit weather! Haha!
      Thanks for stopping in!

      Delete
  4. I agree. Snow is only for when you are gung-ho for it. Definitely not for early mornings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uff dah! It is frigid this morning. Whew! But hopefully it will rise up to above zero today. It will feel warm if it does that.

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.