Friday, January 21, 2022

Hunting shadows and

light...


Winter solitude-
in a world of one color
the sound of wind
~Basho





I've been on a black and white stark patterns 'kick' lately.

I recently read an article where one pro photographer said one needed to practice just one genre of photography to get very good at it. 
I agree with him.

Then I read another article that said Do What Inspires You. Okay!

Cold.
Snow.
Winter.
Stark.
White.

I've been inspired by shadows and light play.
And I was inspired by the incredible snow and clear blue skies. 

Trees that huddle in
 the hollow of a soybean field.

The Sumac that stands 
against the western winds.


Here is the tree line that still hides parts of a barbed
wire fence that once separated two farms.





There is pleasure in knowing where to walk to see these favorite places of mine on the ridge. In the other seasons none of these trees make such an amazing statement.

Yet in winter, they are must see spots for me.


I can't help myself.
I love how the winds whisper 
cold air past me 
and it makes snow designs
under my feet...



I feel
free...

~~~








2 comments:

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.