Friday, December 11, 2020

One of those days

Here is the crockpot soup pot. I'm leaning towards a potato soup. I started the morning by looking up recipes. And then decided to follow one sort of and add my own touches.

Shredded fresh carrots, shredded onions, and celery. Chicken stock, whole mini tators...cook all day with seasons. Add milk, cream of mushroom soup, and shredded cheese later. It was good!


I was waiting on a delivery that needs a signature. FedEx. I don't know if they can find my house. 
Through the Red Cross I signed up for Facebook Portal and they were going to deliver today.
That meant I had to stay near the house all day watching for the truck.

So I decided to try out the new fangled tool and go at the Elderberry trees that are crowding the wooded pasture west of the house.


First I picked up dead stuff. Then I went after the elderberry trees. Some people love them. Mules don't eat them so it is not pasture friendly to me. They grow and kill the grasses, they spread by seed and root. What a pain. Lovely to look at the flowers, but a pain.


The pile kept growing! I added boxelder shoots and dead branches. I even added a couple of busted up logs that I could pick up. This area of the pasture never got cleaned up after the 2007 storm. 
I hope I can burn small piles next to the large old logs this winter and burn up the old logs.
We shall see.

It is close enough to the house that hubby can open a window and holler at me if he needs my help.



That was fun! There was only 30 minutes between the first photo and the second one!

Love this tool!

I wore the battery out and decided that I'd better go ahead and burn a little pile before I let the mules back in this section. They would just re-arrange my burn piles for fun. Those mischievous long ears!


Both of those piles are gone this evening. There will be winds the next few days. So no brush burning for a bit.
It is a handy tool.

Friday is a day off I think. My friend Bill is doing much better from his hip and sciatica problems and we are going to meet up at the Reserve. I'm going to show him the trails to the Ice Caves.
Time for a break from all the work in the woods.

Oh.
The soup was great! We have enough so I won't have to cook Friday and we will have some to freeze too.
The warm homemade bread was a bonus also.

It was one of those days where I won all the way around.

The FedEx guy did show up after supper. 
He was a bit hesitant about coming down to our place, but I'd left lots of lights on so he could find us.






2 comments:

  1. Your soup sounds good and you did a great job clearing! Still not much snow here. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No snow here but it is snowing and raining south of us. Go figure. That is okay. I have a the pony stall to clean tomorrow while it is yucky.
      I love that little saw!

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.