Thursday, December 31, 2020

Review or not to Review

Basically 2020 will be year that historians will write about. If nothing else, it will be interesting to read about.

And we may hear things in the Future...like "My Grandmom lived through the Great Pandemic of 2020!" or some such thing. 

I have made it to the end of the year. That much is certain. Well, it will be more certain if I get past midnight.

For me, it will be the year that I began to seriously question people's priorities and friendships. The year I 'un' friended so many on FB. The year I kept count of many things. 

The Great Toilet Paper shortage. The year of the mask? Or the year of the anti mask? 
The year when most people started to understand just how fragile our lives can be. Or the year that some people said the Hell with It All. 

The craziest political year in the history of the United States?

So I'm not going to go on and detail 2020, but I may just toss out some photos I did this year.













Nope, I don't think I will write much of a review.

2020 happened. I'm not going to say 2021 will be awesome or great or...a new start and a blank slate.

But I will approach each day with a feeling of hope.

For without hope, we have nothing.


"Someone I once loved gave me a box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand that this too,
was a gift." ~~~ Mary Oliver

I think that sums up the year quite perfectly.


4 comments:

  1. Thank Rich for his funny face! It is probably the only time I will laugh out loud today!
    Happy 2021...it was a year....hope we don't have a repeat. Stay safe...you must have about another week of being hermits:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Pics! Flowering trees! I know it may sound feminine, but I actually like pink! Flowers, flamingoes, early morning sunrises. I guess the message Mary was hinting at was that it is always darkest before the dawn... Or something like that. Congrats on surviving! ( Assuming we all make it to midnight....) See you next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pink in the trees is what the colors turned out with an Infrared Camera taken this summer. See you next year.
      :)

      Delete
  3. Anonymous6:49 AM

    A very nice wrap up of the year in pictures. My favorite is the last one with the snow diamonds and the snow covered grass. Have a great upcoming year.

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.