Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Oh Deer and other things


When I got up I didn't think the sunrise would be much of a big deal. I walked out to the summer pasture and everything looked rather hazy and bleh.

I thought perhaps the ridge might offer something different so I walked up the steep hill. When I reached the spot where I come out of a wooded area, I saw a herd of deer in the cornfield.
The group yanked their heads up so I stood stock still.

I crept up to the ditch so I could stay somewhat hidden from them. I sat in the ditch and decided to just watch and see if I could catch them in the dim light.

The sky kept brightening and I kept shooting trying to get the deer to appear on the horizon.


 Yesterday we saw a bluebird that perched on a fenced post. 


I saw a swan flying overhead while I was driving to drop off my tax paperwork.

And in the afternoon Charlie and I spotted a Robin that I could photograph. I'd only heard them for the past few days.


I had one more awesome cool discovery. The boxelder tree sap was running like crazy!

I managed to get a shot of the sap dripping from the ends of the branches. Look at the droplets, they are reflecting the trees and sunlight to the west of the trees.


Today is going to be warm and sunny. All my chores are done and I am thinking....

Perhaps I can sneak out and go look for some Sandhill Cranes or at least some Geese to watch.


The day started out amazing. I want to keep that going forward.

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful sunrise color!! Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did despite a change in plans!

      Delete
  2. You found such peaceful beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even better, I had some flavored decaf coffee with me. So I could sit and just watch.

      Delete
  3. What lovely sights in the morning. You are so talented to capture them for all of us to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.