Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Just Squatching

I have a fairly large to do list but I tossed it aside yesterday afternoon when the temperatures were so pleasant I could NOT be inside. The weather for the rest of the week is supposed to be a bit dull, dreary, and wet. I figured the to-do list could wait for indoor weather.

As Charlie and I got ready to go, hubby asked what I was going to do, where was I going?

I replied: I'm going Squatching.

I got that look and then dug into my pocket and showed him Squatch.

I pulled out the little card that came with Squatch and read it out loud to him again. He shook his head as he searched for an old Western on Tubi. 

Sometimes I carry things in my pockets when I take walks. It adds a bit of fun if an idea pops into my head while Charlie and I are hiking.

The woods are rather dull looking right now, so I like to look at moss and lichen that give off colors in the rather bland landscape.

I decided to walk along the banks of the creek and look for color.



I found a part of a hickory nut and stuck it in my pocket. I wasn't sure what I'd do with it, but an idea was forming.

The creek was back to its low flow and I saw a log stuck against a rock. And an idea hit me.

What if Squatch floated downstream on the log? Why would he be doing that? What is he searching for?


Maybe he is looking for a place to stay.


Caves are okay, but they can get cold in the winter time. Maybe it would be a nice cool spot in the summer when it is hot. After all a Squatch is pretty hairy.

If it rains, he might need a hat. A Hickory Shell fits just perfectly.



Hmmm, how about a Squatch Hut?  Sticks, grass, rocks and greens to lay on! Nice!


Very Cozy...



Squatching. 
I will leave it at that.

6 comments:

  1. Yaaay for more squatching!! What a lucky lil guy to go on adventures with you. The hat made me laugh out loud, too cute!

    I also made being outside a priority yesterday. It was such a beautiful day meant to treasure! Especially when we know we are getting an extended version of not so nice March weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked it up now that you sad that. Interesting ... I like my definition much better. :)
      I can't thank you enough for providing me with such a little critter that can add so much fun to my daily wanderings.
      Squatch on.

      Delete
  2. Yeah for some Squatch time! He is pretty cute:) I Like his hat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Especially this time of year, when these weather days are few and far between, you have to take advantage of wonderful sunny days! Thank you for bringing us along while you squatch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL....a good day for Squatching. You don't want to waste nice weather days. To do lists can wait. Raining here today, so no outdoor walking for me; just peering out to see a few blooming Daffodils.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the cave one. Looks like a Dragon belongs in there rather than a squatch. But the Moss and Hickory hat works.

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.