Saturday, April 03, 2021

Tainter Land Fun


Infrared shots of Tainter Creek


There is a stream called Tainter Creek. The land around it is unique in that Tainter Creek runs through some very steep hillsides. 

Much of the low land in the valley is DNR land. The roads are called Tainter East, Tainter West, Tainter Road, Tainter Hollow. I just refer to it as Tainter Land. There are nicknames given to portions of the little valleys that only the locals know. Hippy Hollow. 
Party Bridge.

The stream is popular with catch and release trout fisher people. In all the years I've been in Tainter Land though, I've only met one fisherman. 
It is a favorite place of mine to go early in the spring to look for wildflowers emerging.

I hunt for the ephemerals that come up each year. Trout Lilies, Virginia Bluebells, and Dutchman's Breeches explode to display their wonders for a short time before they disappear again.

Baby Dragon discovers
Virginia Bluebells emerging!
So much joy!


Yes it was a toy day. 
My hiking pal, Bill got a huge laugh out of this shot.

When you carry superheroes
in your pocket
you can stand in the middle
of the road!


We were very surprised as we walked along the creek to see that a house had been built on the edge of the creek. It is on stilts because in a heavy rain this area becomes submerged.

It looks like a pretty nice little get away!

When I got home I found that my Guard Pony was laying down on the job.
He and the goat were enjoying the sunny hillside.

Lil Richard sleeping on the job!

He and Sven are my automatic weed eaters, yard mowers, that mow and fertilize at the same time. 

Looks like a nice weekend is in store for us. My honey do list is long and includes fencing and working on brush piles. No burning in our area the fire danger is really high and the humidity is very low.



2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:51 AM

    Beautiful and fun hikes, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Lil Richard made me smile...he was enjoying the sunshine! Fire danger is high here also hope we all get rain soon:)

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.