Saturday, April 24, 2021

Adventures with Charlie

This is the look I get from Charlie when I lay his stuff out on the arm of the couch.


I have his buzzer/ringer collar, his remote, his mini leash, and some tiny treats in a plastic bag. This is how we go places. Charlie is not very tall and he can be a bit bullheaded so the collar has been a huge lifesaver.

I can call him off from chasing skunks or deer with the collar and use it to remind him to stay by my side. We entered a different phase of training with the collar. I ask Charlie to stay with me and not try run to every human he sees. Not all humans wish to pet him. He doesn't really 'get' that. He loves people and just assumes they love him.

So an Adventure to the Subaru Dealership was in order. We'd be there an hour while they did a bunch of maintenance stuff.  This dealership caters to people with pets as well as those with children. They have a nice playroom and and an open waiting room as well. There is a dog 'park' where you can let your pup off leash and he/she can run around smelling all the Pee Mail.

I browsed the 2021 models while Charlie did business. Yeah, this red is my favorite color.




I like the new features that are standard now on all Subaru vehicles. Alex who sold us our last two 'Rus came out to chat with me. A salesman can't help themselves but suggest and hope you'd purchase a new one. 
He ended up showing me photos of his Dachshund mixed dog and talking about dogs.

Charlie was outstanding. He walked on a leash without pulling and was not annoying when we took some tours through the showroom to drool over some of the hotrod 'Rus. 
I checked out the Forresters and went back to the Outback to peer at the new ones. I really do have a dream of one day camping out of the back of the Outback. 



Charlie wears a mask...


The waiting rooms filled up and the show room floor had quite a few people in it, so Charlie and I spent the rest of our time out in the Dog Park working on The Sit.

The air outside was nice even if we were in a city...LaCrosse. When I went to pay for the upkeep, one service guy came over and asked if he could pet Charlie and hold his leash while I paid. 
The service fellow then asked if Charlie could have a treat. Of course! He broke up a big treat and offered a piece to Charlie who took it very gently and gave the fella his big Googly Eyes of gratitude.

I'm so glad that Charlie has a friendly attitude and a pleasant demeaner. It sure makes it easier for me to take him places. 

Last note. I went out to my car and ... wow... it looked so dirty parked next to all those clean cars! Our gravel roads are so dusty and dry right now that any vehicle that moves on the roads appear as a moving dust storm.

Charlie seems to be adjusting more to his car rides. One day he may even look forward to them!











3 comments:

  1. Ha! The Dealership did not give you a complimentary car wash? Our Brother-in-law washes our car whenever he takes a look at it when we visit in Michigan. I used to feel he was telling us something... But now I realize it was just part of the service package. Sounds like Charlie had a good time there too. I only wish we could afford a new Subie, but I still like the Silver Bullet and am not quite ready to part with him for ( hopefully ) many more years. Sounds like a great Adventure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do, they offer a ticket to a free car wash just up the road but it is the opposite way I am go when I leave. I agree a new one would be sweet.

      Delete
  2. You and Charlie got it done! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.