Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Bear Stories

I'm a whimsical person. I do creative stuff on a whim. Yesterday was chilly yucky cold icky grey nasty windy ...did I say icky windy and nasty?

Oddly enough the other half had a headache and didn't feel well. I had phone calls and 'business' to take care of and instead of doing my grocery shopping, I stayed at home to keep an eye on the hubby. He wanted me to stay in the house in case he felt worse.

I got restless and sort of bored so I sorted through a DIY site and found some cool ideas for making a 'bark' vase out of a tin can and yeah...bark.





I made a righteous mess and sat on the kitchen floor with my two sided tape and chunks of bark. The two sided tape was a good idea but I eventually got out the old hot glue gun which doesn't work well, but I did manage to 'make' the vases. Which I decided would look better as fake tree trunks with toys than vases.


I tried making a diorama scene and used Groot and Ricky as my posers. I was not fulfilled and it felt like I failed. Meh. Even with messing with it...meh...bleh.





Being quiet and watchful without being obvious is hard. So I decided to browse some ideas regarding Still Life. 
I found some rather interesting Low Key ideas that represented more of a Noir black and white theme with a Teddy Bear.
OHHHH! I went with the black and white theme as this teddy has been washed down my creek more than once and is kind of a yucky mud/white color. I just thought it was neater in B&W.


Bear leaves sand wherever he sits. Pfft. But the coffee was good.

So my brain went off on a tangent and I wondered about Bear meeting someone and how would Bear act?

OH the Romantic side of Bear!


The pink bear is a one eyed cast off bear I found at Walmart a long time ago. It was stuck on a shelf by itself, all of the other ones were sold. I bought her for a $1. I loved that she was so different.

Time to let the bears have some privacy I guess.



[I like the retro faded look I experimented with. Makes it less real and more like a dream.]


The End.

4 comments:

  1. Yesterday was chilly. I even put on my insulated gloves and wore my winter hikers. You are so creative, and curious with your photography! I thought the Groot & Ricky shots were good. We are our worst critics. Sweet bear shots!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Technically they are sort of ... in my mind good enough. But they didn't make me pause or go Awwww, or Ewwww. The bears did though I felt emotion while 'making' a scene.
      Today it is coveralls and saws, brush piles and burdock clean up in the woods. Tomorrow is Duck Egg. I'm going to check the status of the Wild and Woolly Wildflowers.

      Delete
  2. Oh I like the bark vases or trees what ever you need them to be. Hope Rich feels better today...yucky and cold here. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to fill them with flowers this summer and set them out on the porch I think they will look fun enough to do some more? They did a nice job providing a back round that looks woodsy for my toys!

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.